Questioning the Dark of the Moon hunt

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, May 16, 2011.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Today isthe first day of DOTM being out. Everybody is going crazy trying to find these toys. But, I ask. Why? It has been stated multiple times over the boards. "We didn't get that many Ar Te Ess because, of the new movie toys coming out" And just like that, it is movie toys. They will be on shelves for three years if not more, shelf warming like mad. It isn't as if they are going to go away anytime soon.

So, why are we vulturing over this toy line? Most of everybody I ask, says that this is the most lack luster line of them all. So, Why guys? Why?

2. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

I love the movie figures and am impatient when to comes to Transformer collecting.

3. Sludge

Sludge Formerly NC Bulkhead

News Credits:
    I'm sure there will be certain figures on the pegs for years. But I think some won't be. First timers like Shockwave for example, I expect to disappear. I only saw Jetfire a few times when ROTF stuff came out. I could be wrong but I'm not taking that chance. And besides, a release day toy hunt is a lot of fun (in my opinion).

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    New is exciting. I only wanted a few in this line but it's still exciting to see Transformer shelves actually back. Seriously, several stores around me went without Transformers at all for the past month or so.

5. THISisIT

THISisIT Banned

Because we are transformers fans and are slaves, no matter how much everyone pretends to resist

6. GrandMaXimus

GrandMaXimus Party in my tummy!!! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Everyone has that "urge".

7. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I feel the same way. I learned my lesson from the figures from the last two movies.

I was in a hurry to buy all the ones that I wanted the first day they came out. I looked at a majority of them like "why the hell did I buy these pieces of crap" less than a year later.

Then, I felt stupid because most of the movie figures were shelfwarming for two years after they came out and I was saying "I coulda picked these up anytime I wanted rather than falling all over myself to get them."

I won't be making the same mistakes this time.

8. konrathink

konrathink Jared Magnus

For most it has to do with feeding the addiction. And the I need it now attitude.

When a new movie comes out, do you go see it opening weekend, or in 4 weeks after the release date when it will still be in theaters?

9. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

._. usually a week or so later. It's cheaper...

10. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    This. I'm more of a Classics guy myself, but there are a few DOTM toys I wanted to pick up and it's just so much to walk into a store and see NEW TF toys on the pegs for a change instead of the same old ones I've been looking at for months.

And it's much more fun when you actually find the stuff you want! :) 

11. HighPrime

HighPrime Wake up with the King!

News Credits:
    ^Concur :)  I haven't been going out shopping for just TFs in a long time. I only went to Wal-mart today, but managed to get Megatron, Ironhide, and Bumblebee. Otherwise, it just takes too much time and gas to go from store to store. My hunting these days comes down to trying to find the best online price Which only takes a few minutes compared to the drive. The gamble is fun (for a little while) going from store to store.. that anticipation that the one figure you're looking for is still on the shelf and somehow no one bought it.. you don't get that online in the same way. (sniff..) :) 

12. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also I'd like to add that it's nice to have an actual, organized launch. The RTS and Generations releases were a mess and a gamble.

13. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i think the Christmas-now drought is a factor as well

14. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I'm still recovering from the depression resulting from the drought of 2010 (Marchish to Augustish).

15. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Moderator

News Credits:
    I'm caught up in the hype and lovin every minute of it. I'm sure a couple months down the road I'll be like "Why the hell did I buy these!?!" but for now. I'm happy.

16. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    Today is the only DOTM hype I will experience. I wanted to make sure I got Shockwave, Barricade, and Topspin and I did. The rest of the Transformers (Megatron, Ironhide, Ratchet, and Sentinel) are being delivered to my summer home in a few days, while I will be vacationing there.

I won't have to worry about DOTM toys until Wheeljack, Mirage, Soundwave, and Leadfoot are put into deluxe form and are available in stores.

17. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Because these molds (except for Megatron, Starscream, and Optimus) are superior and what we've been waiting for

18. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    By the way, how much time is it between toy waves? I believe today we received both Waves 1 and 2, since Shockwave was the hot item today.

19. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I agree with the 2010 drought, it was a terrible time :(  I haven't gone out looking myself, but I plan to this weekend coming up. I think just seeing a new launch is worth one trip at least

20. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    This x10.

I agree about SS and OP, but voyager Megatron is actually pretty awesome. He is the best movieverse Megatron yet IMO.