Questioning BB's Transformation

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Kouri, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Something that's irked me about the toy design is that BB's stuck with a fake cab for a chest while the rest becomes the legs. Looking back at the intro, it seems that that sort of transformation is rather accurate, and allows for the side-swapping of his stripe that is seen on older images of him. Also, it allows for his signature back-flip transformation. I was fine with all of that, until I took a closer look at Blast from the Past.

In the first few scenes of the episode, we see a transformed BB without the side-swapped stripe. Now the only excuse I had for the fake-chest transformation was being pseudo-accurate to the opening transformation and accommodating for the strip switch. If the stripe stays on the same side, BB could easily have the front-for-legs, doors-for-arms transformations and remain entirely 'toon accurate, supposing the back-flip transformation is done moreso for personality than function.

Ideas?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    My guess? Animation error.

His feet mimic the upside-down car front in robot mode just like the toy does. My guess, the colours/animators thought that he transformed more like G1 BB and left the stripe on the same side, when in actuallity, the toy follows the animation model more closely.

3. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Details, details. I have found that when I worry about so many details, I don't enjoy watching the show (any show).

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah probably animation error.
    Personally I think it would've been way easier if they just kept the cybertronian chest-design.