Question...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Surge, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Alright, my family and I are gonna go to Revenge of the Fallen next Sunday, just four days after it premieres here in the US. However, I'm a bit concerned that the theater will still be jam-packed. We all like to sit at the WAY back so we can get a clear view. Is it possible we could go about an hour early and still have a high chance of getting back seats? Again, we're going four days after it opens. Thanks!

2. arcee3

arcee3 Well-Known Member

I'd say so. By then at least some of the hype would've died down. It also depends on what time the showing is. If it's early in the morning or late at night, you have a smaller chance of it being packed. I'd say if you get there a hour early, you should be okay, since most people get there thirty minutes or so before it starts, at least around here.

3. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    surely that depends on the cinema? can't you just book tickets at one that gives you allocated seats?

4. Th3 Fall3n

Th3 Fall3n Unicrons First Apprentice

yeah on a sunday most ppl chill and go to church so u might be able to luck out

5. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

It truly all depends on how the film performs, firstly.
    Secondly, it depends on the audience reaction and word of mouth.
    (I realize that the first and second tend to go hand in hand, but they are separate entities.)

If it's the massive box office juggernaut they're expecting ($175 mil in 5 days, which would include Sunday) then regardless of word of mouth and audience reaction, the theaters will be packed. (Otherwise it wouldn't make the money.)

If it's a hit with the audiences and word of mouth is good, then the theaters have a good chance of being packed.

If both pieces come together as planned and hoped for (and they most likely will) then the theaters have a good chance of being packed.

So there's your first problem.
    Second problem is the amount of showings.

For a movie this big (and like the first one) there will be multiple theaters, with multiple showings, running constantly from open to close and beyond. (last show running past ticket office closing)

Some of the showings are meant to run concurrently, while others consecutively. (The local multiplex here had enough theaters running it to show it back to back to back, etc. Say it opened at noon, they started the first showing at noon, then the next bay's showing was at one, the next at two, the next at three, and by the time the last showing was over, the first theater bay had already started a repeat showing. (maybe even the second one)

I said all that to say this (sorry for being wordy, but I wanted to get that info out because it's just jawdropping) even if you go there an hour ahead of time, it might not be possible to even find an open theater to get seated in. And if the crowds are as bad as expected, it's going to be a race to see who gets to the theater first.

And if the movie does as well as expected, unless you buy online ahead of time, it might even be sold out by the time you get there, so you might not even have to worry about finding a seat.

Do I think it'll be that huge? I doubt it. Do I think it has the potential? Possible.

Best bet is to buy online ahead of time, get to the theater an hour ahead of the next showing, watch the doors for when they clear out, and rush to the theater bay asap once you're given the green light. That's about your best chance to find a good seat and get in, period.

Beyond that, if there's one local, you might try a drive-in. They generally have plenty of spacious parking, and the sound comes right through your radio, so it might even be a better A/V experience for all involved. Not to mention, you can tweak the bass and treble on your system to help with the excess noise and keep the vocal parts louder. And with newer car stereos having more settings than you thought possible (at least in a car), chances are it'll sound good, have clarity, and still rock that car off it's shocks.

6. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

crud! i couldnt get my tickets in advance and i want to see it on opening day. on the next day i leaveon the stupidest vacation ever for about 10 days!! fml :(