Question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by noob_collection, Nov 17, 2007.

1. noob_collection

noob_collection noob at collecting

My birthday comes 2 days after Christmas(which kinda sucks)...That's when I get my money...Do you think the Walmart MP SS's will be hard to find?

With christmas over, do you think I should wait till' January, or just call everywhere once I get the dough?

I was thinking of getting 2-3 and using one to trade for some sought after TF's.

And will it be marked down for black friday?

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'd imagine SS will be GONE in the very near future. Like before December.

3. noob_collection

For how long do you think?

4. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Forever? Get it as soon as possible I say. Otherwise you may only find it on ebay.

5. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Hard to find two days before Xmas? Dude, I cant find one NOW.

Wal Marts Black Friday items are Universe 2 packs for 10 bucks.

6. noob_collection

But I don't have the 50 to shell out.

7. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

That sucks. I kind have the same thing happen; I wanted two Target SSs. Keep one in box and the other for display. But I wanted to wait a bit till I had the extra cash after -my- birthday. But I read they no longer sell them anymore.
    However.. I was able to find one on ebay, shipping included, for the price I would have paid for him in retail plus gas ($22.something).

Maybe a forum member (who has more money then me 8D) can take you up on a loan or something? And you just pay them back once you get the money? And then they could send it to you?

8. meh_cd

meh_cd Well-Known Member

Permanently. Once they are gone they won't be back. And I don't think it'll shelfwarm like DVD Optimus because:

A) It is $50, not $100.

B) It is exclusive to one store (in the US).

C) It is the first release of the mold (in the US).

I wouldn't be surprised if Australia was swamped with them for a while, though.

9. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Then pray.

For a Masterpiece figure, Starscream's rarity and viability as a desired item by LOTS of collectors, not to mention easy scalper bait, and I think his success compared to Prime and DVD Prime could be underestimated. Presumably, Starscream should be shipping into December, but when you factor in demand for Christmas on top of problems of distribution, exclusivity, high demand and low supply, you're talking about very low chances of seeing one around Christmas, let alone January.

10. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't say things like that! I just showed him to my wife tonight and told her that's what I wanted for my birthday/Christmas........(my b-day is the 24th of Dec...you're right, it sucks)

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Then you're outta luck.

Like others have stated and explained. Once he's gone, he's gone. And he's going to be gone soon. Best to nab one now, save it, and re-earn the money you used. If you really want him that badly.

Glad I got mine, now. Even though he waits till Christmas, atleast I have one on it's way.

12. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

Here are two ideas:
    1. If you can find one at a local Wal-Mart and they allow layaway, put it on layaway and pay for it in full when you get your money. If you're lucky enough to find more than one and they let you put them all on layaway, then you're in luck.
    2. Sign up on the Official US Masterpiece Starscream Exchange thread here on these boards and you might be able to connect with someone who will be willing to hold onto it for you until you have your money.
    Whatever you end up doing, good luck! :) 

13. PrfktTear

PrfktTear Well-Known Member

I'd say if you really want one you'll find a way. A family member or friend or someone could either loan you the money (ask 5 ppl for $10 each...) or tell someone its what you want for Christmas and get it NOW. As for getting "2-3" to trade... just consider yourself lucky if you get one and don't be greedy.

14. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Um, I thought WMs everywhere stopped the lay-away program last year or was that just in CA?

15. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

I have no idea. I make it a point not to shop at WM, and the only reason I have in the last year is because of the damn exclusive Alternators and MP SS. That's why I said to see if they do layaway, I'm really not sure if any still do or not. :)