Question: Why do people like DoTM Soundwave so much?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sideways77, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Some of the newer DoTM figures like HA Soundwave, Wheeljack, and Leadfoot look pretty good. But there's one I don't really care for. That's Deluxe Soundwave. I downright hate the look of this figure. His head is puny compared to the wheels, his chest is nothing like the CG model, his arms are puny and a joke, and his back kibble is pretty much. That's my opinion, after all.

Yet some people Accually like this figure. That's what I would like to know.

If you do, why do you like DoTM Deluxe Soundwave?

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i have him, hes fine, but not worth the mental stress people are creating by demanding the hasbro version. There setting themselves up for major disapointment

3. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Well... it's pretty damn accurate for such a complex design.

The chest looks perfect, at least the grill, the head is fine, the arms are annoyingly blue, but they have the speakers, and the legs are just okay.

Overall, it's primarily because he's an essential character and because he's an okay figure.

4. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    I've seen more hate/indifference than love for him.

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I think people just want it because they can't have it. It's the only explanation that makes any sense to me, because the toy looks like an unpainted piece of crap, imo.

If the figure had been released here normally without any of this fuss, it would probably be warming shelves right now and people would all be talking about how ugly and disappointing it was.

6. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think HA soundwave is a great looking figure. I want to get my hands on one, but I'm still holding out hope for a hasbro release before I drop the cash on takara.

7. Will Trans

Will Trans Well-Known Member

There's definitely some truth to this but for me as a completest I want to have a nice full collection of DOTM figures to recreate scenes, play with, etc. Plus while the mold isn't 100% movie accurate (what mold really is?) and has it's pros and cons I like the scale of it better than the HA version since it seems a little truer to the movie in that regard. Of course, he would look weird next to my Deluxe Starscream and Voyager Megatron but...well...that's Hasbro scale for you.

8. snoopcow

snoopcow Mold hoarder

because he is superior.

9. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used to like him, but the more and more pictures I saw, the less I liked.

At this point, the only DOTM figure I actually hope gets released is Deluxe Leadfoot. I don't think I could care less about the others.

10. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol

11. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think his robot mode looks great, but I don't think it looks that bad, either, and I absolutely love his vehicle mode. Ever since his Soundblaster repaint was announced, I've been planning to get both the normal one and the repaint and make a custom by switching parts.

12. J2DK

J2DK Fan

I don't much like this figure from reviews, either. I would assume it is because he is Soundwave. Some people just love Soundwave.

13. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I had the same feeling when I got him in Japan. His alt mode is pretty sweet though, and works well with the others like Barricade. The best thing I can say about DLX Soundwave is his very cool (I think) mechtech gun. I love how it turns into a satellite dish and not some crazy claw or sword thing like all of the other gimmicks. Works great for HA Soundwave (the better and more fun figure of the two, however inaccurate to the CGI model the toy may be). DLX Soundwave isn't horrible; he's still a decent figure, just nothing to write home about in the grand scheme of things.

14. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Great Articulation.

15. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I don't think the deluxe's bad at all, but for me the Human Alliance version is infinitely superior, and the definitive movie Soundwave.

16. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i liked him in the movie, want him in toy form.

17. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I mostly wanted HA Soundwave for the vehicle mode, and the little plastic Patrick Dempsey.

18. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Because he's Soundwave. No matter how good or bad his toy is, he's Soundwave so he'll have rabid fans.

19. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I don't have the Deluxe yet, but I do have several of the Cyberverse one, I love the figure although the paint could've been much better. Hoping the Takara version will have metallic paint apps. I almost got the HA version when it was sold on clearance by one of the major retailers in our country, but I had second thoughts, thinking there would be ample stocks, but they were wiped out that very day.

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I don't think Deluxe Soundwave looks terrible but definitely not amazing either. I do like the car mode and I'd really like to get it t add to my on-screen baddies side.

But also it comes down to personal taste. You like HA Soundwave, I think it looks like absolute shit from the waist down. Not everyone has to like the same thing.