Question to Spider-Man fans.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ROTF100694, Jul 7, 2009.

1. ROTF100694

ROTF100694 Well-Known Member

I'm a Spidey fan who used to have Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spider-Man, heck even Freind or Foe but I haven't gotten Web of Shadows and want to know if it is good and which system it is best for. :) 

2. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ultimate spiderman's the best

3. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I quite enjoyed WoS. But not being able to continue after beating the game SUX BALLZ.

4. Master Zarak

Master Zarak Emperor of Destruction

Ebay:
    I'd rank the games in this order: SM2, WoS, USM, FoF. But to answer your question, it's worth picking up. It's fairly polished and has some variety with the good vs. evil choice you have. And being able to play as the black suit on-the-fly is great. One thing it does suffer from (as with all SM games), is that some missions can be repetitive. Depending on the system you have, either the 360 or PS3 are good.

5. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    I enjoy Web of Shadows a lot

I've beat it once and while yeah, it sucks to not be able to start a new game carrying your powers over i'm kind of glad it doesnt. the game would be too easy :p 

but yeah! its a fun game! i like it

i have it for the xbox360

6. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

I enjoyed most of the Spidey games so far.
    My favourites would be 'Spider-man vs Kingpin' on Sega Genesis, 'Maximum Carnage' on SNES, 'Spider-man' on PSX, 'Spider-man 2: Enter Electro' on PSX, 'Spider-man: The Movie' on PS2, 'Spider-man 2: The Movie' on PS2 and 'Spider-man: Web Of Shadows' on PS2.
    Hated 'Spider-man 3' and was disappointed with 'Friend or Foe'.

WOS on PS2 is a kind of a cartoony side scrolling arcade beat em up, pretty fun, whereas PS3 and Xbox versions are realistic looking, with free roam environments. depends on your taste.

7. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

For those who don't realize it you can continue WOS with all your powers. When the credits start rolling watch them all the way through, then when it goes back to the title seen continue and watch the credits all the way through again. The second time it goes back to the title screen hit continue again and it will open at the beginning of the game, once you get past the prologue stuff you've got all your powers from your last game.

8. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

the spiderman 2 movie game was pretty rad, mainly because the swinging mechanics were spot on. i heard that the spidey games after aren't as good in this regard.

there was something so addictive about swinging around Manhattan in that game, it was awesome.

9. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's a good game if you liked the others. I found it enjoyable, but Ultimate is still my favorite.

10. ROTF100694

ROTF100694 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys I get it soon and about repetivness will i be begging for the "help get the kid's balloon" or is nothing as bad as that.:gen069: 

11. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

It was great from what I heard. Flew under a lot of peoples radars. The only complaint I heard is a "wash, rinse, repeat" fighting style.