question to ebayer's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by todzilla85, Jun 20, 2012.

1. todzilla85

todzilla85 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    so i'm starting to prep to sell a massive lot of marvel action figures and im unsure on how to go about posting them and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas. basically the the collection includes the following.

-a massive amount of 90's x men cartoon figures, ranging from the originals of the line and offshoots like x force, water missiles or age of apocalypse.
    -another massive amount of spider man 90's cartoon figures, same deal as above with the different toy lines in there.
    -about 20 or so marvel legends and select figures
    -3 different special gift sets that include like 5 figures(original x men, the 2nd gen x men with like war hawk and night crawler, and an avengers one). these all have original boxes
    -a toy fair mail in havoc from the 90's in box
    -15 or so famous covers(the barbie sized figures with real cloth and stuff).
    -and some ghost rider, fantastic four, avengers, and some random figures like street fighter all from around the 90's stuff

all of these are loose aside from the famous covers and gift sets, and a spider man variant. id say most are complete, a few have been repaired and most have paint wear cuz........i was a kid when first had these.

basically i was thinking to sell the x men and spider man stuff in separate lots. selling the gift sets and havoc in another lot, all the famous covers in another, and the the random series stuff in one as well. i have a bunch of vehicles too, like the original 90's blackbird and sentinel, but i don't know if those are worth it to sell alone or not.

how do you guys think i should proceed?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It depends on how much you want to get rid of everything, and how much effort you're willing to put in. More lots means more dealing with buyers, more time preparing for shipping, more shipments to track, more chance of certain items selling and others not. Less lots means a somewhat better chance less-demanded figures will go, and less work, but more chance you'll get less per figure (especially for the rarer ones), and possibly more chance someone will pass because they only want one or two figures from a lot.

look up how other completed sales have gone in the past on the same items and maybe that'll help you figure out how you want to move forward.

3. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

There some crooks on ebay

4. todzilla85

todzilla85 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    thanks for the input aernaroth, i mean i got time since im unemployed atm so that's not an issue, and thanks for the tip on the completed sales search, i completely forgot they had that now. after seeing that it seems like the mixed auctions do alight but separating them by at least series would be my best bet. thanks again for your suggestions, ur a big help buddy

eh there's crooks everywhere nowadays:p 

and on a side note isn't it sad that i still remember what accessory goes to every figure, and i havent touched these in like 15 years..........lol

5. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Putting the more specialized things together will probly allow them to sell better, but as Aerneroth said putting everything in one lot would at least gaurantee everthing to sell, even the less valuable items. What I usually do is list things individually and lot out what doesn't sell.

Also, the fact that you remember what goes with what is a good thing since it means that you'll be able to give a more complete description. People looking for these toys will know they are buying from someone who is familiar with them rather than just some soccer mom who doesn't know better.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Be warned if you use the "Buy it now" option, the fees will slaughter you.