Question to all you New York Collectors

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by flamingunicron, Nov 8, 2007.

1. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, my school is going sometime next march or may or something to New York next year and i figure better time than any to go look for some good collectors stores. Plus side is my parents are chaparoning so i can jsut go straight to them for money...but down side is they are chaparoning...anyways...the question is, for all you NY collectors do u know any collector stores in manhattan or around times square within walking distance?

2. Getter Eagle

Getter Eagle Banned

Image Anime. Go to their website for directions. Their prices are fair, at best. But the guys that run the place are top notch, and you might be able to talk them into a deal.

There are some good stores in the area, most within cab distance at least, but if you're looking for Transformers (and you don't want to go to Chinatown) then that's about it.

3. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    in nyc?
    i really dont know, i walk into toy stores and dont get excited nomore.

I like 7street and 1st ave the best plus a comice book shop called st. marks is around thw corner on 8th street

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Well there is Forbidden planet in Union Square and Midtown Comics in Times Square. And like someone mentioned Image Anime, but they are really overpriced you can do better on ebay probably.

5. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Image Anime was moving in September I know that much. I went there back in August. Also, Toy Tokyo in the East Village is pretty decent. Can't remember the exact location though...2nd Ave and St Mark's Place?

6. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Forbidden planet is a nice place to just check out. There's some random places in Chinatown with overpriced TF and Japanese toys. But without a guide, it's sort of hard to tell you where they are. There's another vintage town store in the village but it's been a while since I was there. Plus i forgot where it was. :( 

Wish I was in NYC again. Philly is meh.

7. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I agree. Image Anime, Anime Crash, Kid Robot... same stuff as online but at the silly prices you don't see online. Those anime stores rocked in the '90s, cause anime was still underground and nowhere else. Now its everwhere.

Hit regular comic stores in the city. The specialty stores will gank your wallet.