Question the new Batman franchise

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by seeker311, May 13, 2008.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    So theyve brought back the Joker and the late Heath Ledger seems to be better than the Jack Nicholson Joker, what is going to happen if they decide to bring back the Penguin? I cant see anyone else besides Danny Devito filling in that role again. Would you want him back? Thoughts anyone?

2. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Well, the issue was similar to the Joker, when they said, "I don't see anyone but Nicholson doing the role". I actually was thinking in regards to the Riddler instead of the Penguin, based on the more realistic factor(which is what the Begins movies are more about). While I would love to see Jim Carrey come back for it, I doubt they will. The Riddler was a psychotic jokester who used nothing but riddles and was in all reality, a more realistic type of character compared to the Penguin. There are a lot of characters they can go about with, but the real question is, how are they gonna do it the most realistic?

With who can still be used you got Bane, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Mr Freeze, Penguin, Riddler. How many of those can you say look the most realistic?

3. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I definitely wouldn't say that Devito was a perfect Penguin. Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone who could play that role, but I'm sure someone can. You don't need to have someone really short, with makeup and a crappy fat suit to play him. I think with Dent in this movie they're shooting for Two-Face as the next bad guy. Who knows after that, so long as they never have Robin.

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the jack vs heath thing is moot. it is difference of style. Tim burton went for comic, Joel screwmacher went for camp (among other things) and the new "begins" era is grittier and down to earth.
    and in my book, jack was perfection for that first film. as was Devito, Carrey, and to some extent Arnold as mr. freeze.

but damn, i am tired of getting stoked and getting rehashed, already had a shot characters. there are tons of the Rogues Gallery which i am wanting to see. Maxi Zeus (even in a cameo) would be a hoot, but damn, what about Ventriloquist? oh, the horrors in that guy alone.
    and i really want Warner to stay away from Mutants. even thought i like clayface, croc and so forth, i tend to feel they take away from Bat's real appeal. (i like how they handled Ra's in Begins. very clever.)
    if they want to use the mutants, make those movies apart- the way vertigo isn't mainline DC. ]
    last, i wish the movies would catch up with the comics- tackle adult themes with those stories. Make statements with them instead of it always being a bat vs villain of the month card at Caesar's Pa;ace for the kiddies.

and just to show some thought- any ideas for a WWE or other kind of monster to play a serious Bane?

5. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Not only is it a difference of style, it's a difference of continuity. For better or worse (I say better! :)  ) the Nolan universe is in a different continuity than the Burton/Schumacher movies, which were in the same continuity. Even if Danny De Vito wanted to be Penguin again, I doubt Nolan would want that. It would be like getting Adam West to play Batman again. Yes, style is a huge part of it, but the bottom line is that we're looking at a different Joker, Two-Face, Penguin, etc.

I believe Bob Hoskins (Roger Rabbit, Super Mario Bros) has expressed interest in playing the Penguin as some kind of European arms dealer. I'm sure many actors would be great in the role, but Bob has actually said he wants the role if it should be in a Batman movie, and I honestly can't think of anyone better.

And for Bane, I might be biased because I just saw "No Country For Old Men" last week, but how about Javier Bardem? Bane is supposed to be of latino origin, after all. But to be honest, I think Bane is not the most interesting Batman villain, and probably stands very little chance of being in a Nolan Batman movie.

6. 138 Scourge

138 Scourge WE R 138

Why on Earth does Two-Face not show up in the second movies in each Bat-franchise? I mean, dang!

I was sort of hoping that Katie Holmes would play Two-Face, given that her character seemed to be the "Harvey Dent" analogue in the first one, only with "romantic" tension. C'mon, it would have worked.

Eh, I don't care, really. "Batman Begins" just bored me to no end, and even managed to do so using the Scarecrow, one of my favorite Bat-villains, so I doubt I'll catch the new one. Especially since it features one of the two most overused and boring Bat-villains. The only way I could be less interested is if Catwoman was in it, too.

The Bob Hoskins pengiun idea, though? That I would be down with.

7. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I think catwoman will be in 3.

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I think Nolan's take on Catwoman would be extremely intriguing.

9. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Well, using her as a professional thief would work nicely for me.

10. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I actually kinda like that idea. It could have been really interesting, what with Rachel knows his identity and all. Ah well.

11. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    i believe croc shows up in the batmanime coming out to coincide with the movie which is supposedly in the same continuity. i'm interested to see how that turns out though to be honest having several different directors detracts from the coolness of batmanime for me. each director has a different looking batman.

12. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind a Robin, just make it a kid who can actually act. Go more of the young pre/early teen version of Tim Drake or something. I don't think it would screw it up. As long as the kid can act.

I'd like Catwoman as a thief if they do her. That is more fitting.

Stay away from Mr. Freeze for now. Arnold left a massively bad taste for the guy in the last film. Unless they get a really good version of him, I don't want it.

Or they could set him up like they kinda have been with Dr. Connors in Spiderman. Make Freeze a cameo human person for a bit.

Penguin I'd kinda like the The Batman version. Some demented bird obsessed freak who steals stuff. Doable, but I'd rather see a different villain.

Riddler I wouldn't mind. Genius trickster who challenges Batman mentally rather than physically.

13. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

The Nolan films are a complete reboot of the franchise. Ledger's Joker is not the same guy as Nicholson's Joker.

14. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Robin Williams = Riddler.

15. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

No Mr. Freeze or Bane for me.

Catwoman would be cool, but I'm betting Two Face will play a big role in the third film. I don't even know if Nolan's going to do anymore after that, as I read that he might then move on to something else.

16. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I'm still impressed that the first one threw in Mr. Zsasz. It'd be cool to add the minor villains from Arkham. Like have the Ventriloquist or something. Just a minor little cameo of being very little threat.

17. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I think Philip Seymour Hoffman would be a good Penguin for the new movies.

18. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    PSH would make a good Ventriloquist, but I'm intrigued with the whole Hoskins/Penguin idea...

19. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Riddler being my second/third favorite Batman villain (tied with Joker, behind Harley)..I would love to see a more realistic take on him for the Nolan films. Absolutely love the character, he's really got some depth to him IMO and if done right on film...I would be just oh so pleased.

I remember reading that Burton had planned on him being in his next Batman film after returns..but we know how that ended up..Would have loved to see his take on the character.

20. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

If they gotta do Mr. Freeze let it be a more BTAS version with Patrick Stewart as Freeze.

I wouldn't mind Kiera Knightley as Catwoman.

PSH seems the perfect choice for Penguin.

Riddler is a tough one though...Daniel Craig or William H Macy maybe.