Customs: Question: Safely removing Hot Spot's head

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Pcm979, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Pcm979

Pcm979 Some Guy

I'm planning to change PotP Inferno into Pyro with Toyhax's new labels, but I'd also like to give him a more Pyro-ish head. At first I thought repainting CW Hot Spot's head would work, but I have no idea how to get it off safely. I've only ever swapped heads before that could be easily yanked off or unscrewed, but just looking at my Onslaught, I'm not confident in either just pulling it off the joint or worrying away at the glue in the seam with my Exacto. I know this guy's been used as a base for a lot of customs; Can anyone give me any tips?

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Pcm979

Pcm979 Some Guy

Can anyone help? This'll be my only bump, then I'll let it go.

• Like Like x 1
  3. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    well if you're just going to put the head on potp inferno, why not just disassemble both and just swap the heads, neck joint and all.

there's about 6 screws you'll need t undo on each figure. two by the crotch, two by the shoulders, one attached to the crane and one near the chestplate hinge. heck, i'm interested to see inferno's head on hot spot now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pcm979

Pcm979 Some Guy

That's... An excellent idea. Thank you! The only potential hitch is that I'm going to repaint Hot Spot's helmet a much darker blue and his facepaint silver, and due to my inexperienced brushwork, I'd been planning to do as much of it as possible with spray paint. But regardless, that's quite an elegant solution.

• Like Like x 1