Customs: Question: Removing ROTF Leader Prime's Blades

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by red4, Jun 3, 2009.

1. red4

red4 Banned

Does anyone know how to do this without damaging anything? They're a real pain in my neck when it comes to posing Prime's arms, but they're cool enough that I don't want to destroy them. I'd like to safely remove them with the option of putting them back on. I don't want to try anything just yet until I've heard what you guys have come up with. I'm looking at those screws under his forearm, and tempted to remove them and see what's going on inside. But I don't want to cause a time paradox resulting in the death of 8million Vulcans and Winona Ryder.

2. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think somehwere between pages 30-60 of the feedback thread, Peaugh posted a tutorial. It looks simple enough. If I can find it I'll link it here.

3. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, just unscrew the arms. They pop out. I here it is a paint to get them back in. So just build your own way!!!!

4. red4

red4 Banned

Ah, that seems to work just fine. I've removed the blades and their triggers - gonna store those in a ziplock bag.

5. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    cool. I meant pain.. not paint. haha. The blades are a bit annoying.

6. red4

red4 Banned

He's now ready for display on my shelf.

7. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

Why remove the triggers? Seems like more trouble than you need to.

Here's how you do it:
    - Flip over Prime's arm. You'll see 3 screws. Unscrew them.
    - Remove the arm cover. You'll see the sword. Remove the sword by gently applying outward pressure. It should come free without issue.

Here's how you put them back:
    -Open the arm case.
    Take the sword, and use your finger to move the spring so the end that sticks out is parallel to the sword.
    - Position the sword so that the inside metal part is outside the large notch. There's a smaller notch on the other side of the sword case; that's where the end of the spring goes.
    - Insert sword as directed.

It's not *that* much harder to put the sword back then it is to take it out.

8. red4

red4 Banned

Bah, it's okay. I already did it. I unscrewed the 3 screws under his arm and all that. That's how I got to the mechanism. They're safely stored in a ziplock bag, which is in a box where I keep all my Tformers weapons. I don't like to display them with weapons because they're not in perpetual battle; except Ironhide, since he makes a point of always brandishing his guns.