Question Regarding "Superman Returns: The Prequels"

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Witwicky Camaro, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    While I was watching Medium, I decided to pick up my borrowed copy (from the Library) of Superman Returns: The Prequels. At first I was going to read the pre-SR stories for Kyrpton, Martha Kent, Lex Luthor and whomever else, but I decided to just skip to the end and read's Lois' story since it was main reason I even borrowed the book anyhow. I'll get around to reading the others later... maybe.

It details nearly everything important going on in Miss Lane's head before and after Superman vanishing off the face of the earth, especially when she meets Richard White. But one thing that bothers me is Jason's conception.

I assume somewhere down the road Lois and Richard had a little "private time" to themselves, thus resulting in her pregnancy, but if this is the case, how the seven hells is Jason White Superman's kid? (Assuming I got the implications of that movie correct.) I really don't get that line of logic regardless what genre I'm trying to insert logic into. Are we supposed to believe that she was slow cooking a bun in the oven or did I just read into that a little too much?

Clairfication is needed.
    Please?

*Major Facepalm*
    :confused2 
    :wtf: 

2. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

The comics actually sidestepped whether or not Jason is Superman's kid (the comic book that adapted the movie itself completely avoided any confirmation of that, so all of that could still be read as Jason being Richard's kid). I guess either they didn't know or were ordered to keep it under wraps.

3. Witwicky Camaro

News Credits:
    *Okay, that bit of thinking actually makes sense. (If I didn't know any better somebody was undecided on making the "Superman's son" subplot official. Though it might just be me.)

4. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

What kind of Superman fan you are will dictate how Superman and Lois had a kid.

If you're the kind of fan that Bryan Singer wants you to be, you'll have watched Superman 1-4 a decade ago and forgot the plot. You'll have a vague memory of the Superman series. If this is true, then just assume Superman and Lois had some private time somewhere in there, and then he left for Krypton. Then, Lois got into bed with Richard White, like, immediately and fooled him into thinking the kid was his.

If you're the kind of fan that everybody who watched Superman Returns is, you'll see it this way: Superman and Lois got together in Superman 2 after Superman gave up his powers. Then he got his powers back. Superman probably used x-ray vision, saw that his sperm fertilized Lois, and probably did a "hell no" and decided he wanted out of that relationship. Superman Returns replaces Superman 3 in continuity, but also introduces a billion new plot holes. After Superman 2, Superman he left for Krypton, and Lois was mysteriously pregnant and had no memory of Superman-sex. Then, Lois got into bed with Richard White, like, immediately and fooled him into thinking the kid was his.

Either way, you have a skanky Lois jumping right into bed with Richard soon enough after Supes' departure to make Richard think he was the dad. With the former, you have willing deception knowing Superman is the dad and not letting Superman know. With the latter, she just seems to have a baby out of the blue, and fools Richard into raising it.

5. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

But you also have a kiss-giving, memory-stealing deadbeat of a Super-dad.

God... as much as I liked seeing Supes on the big screen, they really couldn't have missed the mark any more than they did.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    supes impregnated lois with his super mind powers.

7. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

How did he get lois preggers?
    Super speed sucker pump when she was getting out of the shower.

"Damn did I leave a window open? And why does my hoo hoo feel sloppy?"

8. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

AH CRAP. I FORGOT ABOUT THE MEMORY-ERASING KISS.

I have edited my post.

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    memory erasing kiss is just another example of superdickery at its most... dickness?

10. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Don't listen to this guy...he is clearly on drugs.

11. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, this image will last me for a while. "Sloppy hoo hoos" for everybody! lol

12. Witwicky Camaro

News Credits:
    Yeah, I don't consider myself a huge SupermanFan. At least not in the context that I know all there is know about the man-o-steel or any little details about his and Lois' relationship in the movies.

Heh, funnily enough, I can't bring myself to watch the elder Superman films. I vaguely remember watching them with my family, up late at night, particularly Superman 2, as a kid, but other than that, my knowledge of the goings on the movie are slim. So yeah, I'm the superman fan that watched Superman Returns and didn't re-watch the previous films.

Lord Of Tetris, your post makes sense, (the question marks above my head are nearly gone!).