Question regarding Sandstorm from G1

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Xformermike, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Xformermike

Xformermike Well-Known Member

The triple changer.. I know someone on here knows. I have never seen a picture of him with his rotor detached... does it just detach or does it actually hide in the transformation of the car mode? Also, is it common for it to break off?

~mike.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It folds up and is underneath the car. It's pretty slick, actually. It doesn't detach, and the plastic the blades are made out of is nice and bendy, so they won't break.

3. Xformermike

Xformermike Well-Known Member

Awesome, thank you very much. :) 

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    sandstorm looks pretty sweet. prolly the best 3 changer with decent modes all around.

too bad hes a wuss in the cartoon.

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    id say astrotrain had the best 3 modes all around...but thats just my opinion...i do like sandstorm though...hes a cool little bot..

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    nuh uh, stro has a gimpy bot mode. hes got those nubs for arms.

7. Lumpy

News Credits:
    ill give you the arms, but sandstorms are definately not better...they are even more stumpy....the best arms goes to octane or springer....

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    yeah, but octanes got an ass truck mode with tanker kibble, while springers alt modes are made up (also springers legs suck).

sandstorm FTW

9. Lumpy

News Credits:
    aye....maybe for you....but for me....space choo choo FTW....

10. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I'm with KA on this one.

I think I still have my Sandstorm around somewhere. His chopper mode was definately VERY convincing, and his buggy mode isn't anything to sneeze at either. But yeah, his bot arms do suck.

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Sandstorm is easily the best Autobot Triple Changer, I'd say I prefer him to Astrotrain.
    I do love Blitzwing, though. Blitz is such a cool toy in his own way. Maybe not as brilliant in his two modes as the other two and his robot mode is a little wacky, but he has a charm all of his own.
    He was also the first Triple Changer I ever got, and he's still with me now. The turret needs repairs, his ankles are loose and his legs aren't the best, but he is still good.

12. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I still think Blitzwing is the only "believable" triple changer since his mass from tank to jet generally stays the same. Springer is a close second since his alt modes are more Cybertronain and didn't need to conform to size rules of Earth vehicles.

Astrotrain can get a pass, but I still think a locomotive engine turning into a gigantic space shuttle didn't make much sense.

Sandstorm made a decent *toy*, but the idea of a dune buggy turning into a huge helicopter also made little sense. Maybe if the copter mode was for single or double passenger like Springer, it would have been more convincing.

Octane & Broadside were just ridiculous. A tanker truck turning into a jumbo jet airliner and an aircraft carrier turning into a jet of non-descript size was beyond stupid imo, and couldn't even be portrayed as reasonable in the cartoon where everyone grows & shrinks without a second thought.

Just my two cents... as someone who never liked the idea of mass shifting, especially when it was on such a ridiculous level as Octane, Broadside & Sandstorm... or Meg's & Soundwave for that matter.

13. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Sandstorm's two modes were really, really clever. I think they did a great job hiding all the 'copter parts in the dune buggy mode and vice versa.

14. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I like Sandstorm, my favorite Autobot tripplechanger toy wise.

15. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Well, as far as REALISM, yeah. I agree, Springer and Blitzwing are the winners. I was just talking toy-wise.

I also agree about the absolute rediculousness of Octane and Broadside. That's one thing I REALLY like about the newer cartoons. Show scale and toy scale are just about equal (though... C. Metroplex is a little smaller in scale in toy form than in show form, and Primus/Unicron are obviously exceptions).

16. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Meh. Give a triple changer KO to me and I'll mash it up into improvement.
    The odd thing is that even though Springer and Blitzwing are considered the best of the Triple Changers, most fans wanted Astrotrain as a re-issue at the time of 2001. There were very few mentions of the other Triple Changeres re-issued. Odd.