Customs: Question regarding loose joints

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Malunis_T, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, so, after I got Classics Hound, I discovered one major flaw - His head is EXTREMELY loose. To the point where, in order to keep it from wobbling, you have to make him look to the side, which makes certain poses hard to do.

Secondly is my G1 Soundwave, who has the same looseness problem, except it's... everything. Legs tend to be weak and make him fall over, he can't keep his arms held up, and his head falls down far too easily.

How do I fix these loose joints? I know there is a fix some people use, but I can never remember what it was... Nail polish or something?

Please let me know.

2. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

well the three things people will tell you right away

1.super glue , and move the joint around until it dries

2. layers of future on the ball end until its stiff

3 nail polish same method as above

some people burn the ball a little (i do not like this method)

on hound my idea would first check to make sure the head screw is tight in the back you could also try unscrewing the head take it off and put a small piece of notebook paper inside the socket and putting it back together. oh and my hounds head is not loose so thats why i thought the screw maybe loose

soundwave knees are a whole other can of worms more than likely on him you would need replacement parts. i have taken apart a few thats why i say that. the head on the other hand should be able to be fixed with one of the three described above. i suggest future for that one brush some under the head where the neck connects to the body.

3. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know :)  I'll try doing it later when I can find nail polish

4. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    Nail polish has finished drying and I put the head on, it's a bit tight but it works! Thanks! :) 

Unfortunately, the particular part of G1 Soundwave's head that needs tightening doesn't appear to have any easy way to be taken out, so I'll leave it as is.

Topic can be closed as needed. :)