Question regarding Funimations' DBZ Sets

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by CripNite, Sep 6, 2008.

1. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Hey all... I recently bought Seasons 1, 2 and 3 of Funimation's Dragonball Z DVD sets from Amazon (great deal, $25 each), and things were going good until I got to Disc 5 of Season 1. About an hour in, it crapped out, and was unwatchable from that point on. I tried it in 3 DVD players (one of which was a computer) and it did not work. I exchanged it (Amazon's exchange deal is pretty good, IMO), and got a second copy, and find that this copy has similiar problems.

Is this a widespread issue, or do I just have bad luck? Should I be checking the discs in my other two sets? I've contacted Funimation and TVShowsonDVD about it, but haven't gotten a reply from either. Just wondering if it's worth it exchanging through Amazon again, or should I be contacting the production company because of some exchange deal?

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The same thing happened to me on 1 of my disks, I can't remember which one though. I will go check if it was the same one you are having an issue with.

EDIT: Nope that disk is fine

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I've got seasons 1-4 so far, and no issues yet. Though I've yet to watch 4. Still need to pick up season 5 too.

4. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

Same here. Watched all 3 very recently over the course of a week or so.

5. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    No problems here, either. I have seasons 1-3 and all the discs play perfectly. Sorry man.

6. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Boo?

Boo?!?!

BOO!?!?!?!?!?!??!

What rock did you crawl out from, and where the hell have you been?

7. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Hmmm... which disc is it that was having issues?

I tried going into the disc through marathon setting, but the new copy craps out even earlier than the old one. I also tried it on my computer and the other DVD player. It won't even play on the computer, and the other DVD player it craps out when I select the third episode (very oddly I might add, and it made the player make some very odd sounds). I suppose I'll try exchanging it again through Amazon and see if the third time's the charm. I'm going to check my other two sets out in the morning and see if they're ok. This is the first time I've had and DVD's do this and it's made my ultra-paranoid about all the discs I own that I haven't watched yet.