Question re: IDW Collections

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by RamenJunkie, Dec 5, 2011.

1. RamenJunkie

RamenJunkie Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hey all, I had a question.

I have been workong on picking up the hardcover IDW collection books. I was wondering if there are any stray GN collection books I should look out for that are unlikely to be in these IDW books (now or future).

Non movie stuff, the movie comics I have read were terrible. Also I know about All Hail Megatron and plan to pick it up as well.

2. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    All hail is awesome. Dont let the naysayers sway you from picking it up. I would recomend purchasing the hardcover and it is a nice storyline. Be your own judge

If you DON'T want to be spoiled DON'T read the following until you have read spotlight Blaster and Alll hail Megatron

The "Bombshell" who appeared in Spotlight Blaster is not the same Bombshell who was created by the Decepticon Deluge (a g2 character) on Cybertron. The one in spotlight blaster was merely a prototype for the insecticon swarm. However they are presumably both created by deluge.

3. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know what would be unlikely, since they even put the Transformers/Avengers crossover in there...maybe the Infestation issues are the most likely to not be included.
    Also Hearts of Steel, but that's a completely different continuity.

4. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I agree. All Hail is underrated, only because the fandom is hard to please.

5. Gridlock1987

Gridlock1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or maybe it's just bad writing for most. Naaaaaaaaaaaaaah...

I love how "fandom is hard to please" comes up whenever a lot of people dislike something. Or even more simple, start calling them haters. Because there's no such thing as badly writen comic/movie/book, it's just the haters who think so, right?

Also, for so many people declaring love for AHM, I don't see anybody askin for McCarthy to come back and write some more stories.

6. Sinestro

Sinestro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, never knew they actually explained that and it now rates to be one of the lamest retcons I've ever read. Doesn't that now contradict the AHM origins...?

Couldn't agree more with above post, but I would still take anything from McCarthy over the crap Mike Costa has submitted over the last two years.

7. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Beast wars and hearts of steel are probably the only things I don't see being put into the IDW collection books. MAybe they will sometime in the future but its anyones guess. Beast wars has an omnibus including a source book for characters and HoS is getting a reissue TPB soon. Also beast wars was amazing until they did a follow up story arc and totally pooped on the great story they had started.

8. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    *Raises Hand* Umm, I'll ask for that. Can we ask for that? Hey IDW I'm asking for that!