Question: ordering from Amazon Japan

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cal, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone ordered Transformers from Amazon.co.jp before? I was always under the impression that it's exlusive to Japan, but their shipping page states that "Amazon.co.jp can ship to virtually any address in the world". However their terms and conditions also says:

Has anyone managed to order from Amazon Japan before? Do the shipping restrictions also apply to members selling items via the website?

2. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    if it is a dvd ...yes.

anything else...toys, etc...you have to have a japan address...or they will not ship to you.

3. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

I'd be careful if I were you. I once ordered a DVD box set from Amazon Japan and they stuck me with a $50 C.O.D. delivery/shipping/whatever fee, effectively doubling what the original item cost. Never again.

4. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the advice, but it no longer matters. The Henkei Ratchet I was hoping to buy was sold before I could place my order. *sigh*

5. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Sorry to bump this, but is there another way one could order toy products from Amazon Japan? They carry pretty much the entire series of some Kabaya trading robot toys that I'd really like to buy and they are the only place I can find them at. Are there japan-based middleman services that you can have the items shipped to and then shipped out to you?

6. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When bidding on Yahoo Japan Auctions, I used the middleman service Shopping Mall Japan. They Have reasonable fees and can order from online shops as well.

7. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I use a different middleman service to get things recently from Amazon Japan and Yahoo auctions. They are called TOYJAPAN. Decent service with reasonable fees. Got a Vector Oracle from Yahoo auctions for about 30 bucks shipped to my door from Japan. Cheaper than BBTS and fairly reliable. Used them recently to get Tak Prime toys to get the exclusive targetmaster from Amazon Japan also. Even got a Movie Vortex for 23 bucks from Amazon Japan also. Will be getting my shipment early next month. Can't wait. Shipping costs do add up though for your reference.