Question/opinion fo G1 construction sticker sheets

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by maz25, Sep 27, 2012.

1. maz25

maz25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I won this auction for dirt cheap -

Vintage TRANSFORMERS HASBRO TAKARA Decepticon Sticker Lot | eBay

IMG_1876.jpg

labels.jpg
    After comparing the individual label sheets to the giftset vintage sheet, I am not sure if they are original. The colors, especially purple decepticon logos are way off, and the back of the sheets look off. Seller claimed they were vintage when I questioned.

Any opinions on these? I could care less about the $5 I spent, but want an opinion before I give feedback.

Thanks
    Jim

2. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

Looks like identical quality to a set I picked up a while ago that was not G1 and not from Repolabel eather... I cannot remember who produced them...

3. maz25

maz25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks, my max bid was $5, and I won, figured they were vintage. I know the OG Megs had lighter purple, but did not realize my Devy sheet was lighter, until I compared. Again, not a big deal, but the seller factually stated it was vintage. It is the principle I take issue with if not original.

4. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

When I bought mine the listing specifically stated that they were NOT official and I payed like $7ish. I cannot remember who I bought them from and it's been too long ago for me to find them again through Ebay.

Oh I completely agree, there is a principle involved here. I cannot say with 100% certainty they the are not "official" G1 as I do not have a full sticker sheet (the one I ordered) to compare them to but I'd be comfortable with stating that I'm 85% sure.