Question on X-men origins *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by megatronkicksas, Apr 22, 2009.

1. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now I'm sure that everyone on this board knows that a un-finished version of the movie was leaked so my question is to those who saw it. Is there any mention of the supersoilder serum and Cap? Do they mention S.H.I.E.L.D? Is it the bestest movie in the world? Any help would be much obliged, thanks.

2. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

Honestly, and this is my own personal opinion, I think fans of Wolverine will be pleased with the finished product and the movie will be very successful. there will always be something further to be desired of any movie, that's just the way it is.

It takes elements of actual comic material as well as a fresh new take to the story so that there is something for everyone. I will state again, this is not a faithful to the comics reproduction of story and it does NOT detract from the value of the movie IMO. It does correlate with Fox/Marvel's X-men franchise films, so if you were a fan of any of those films you shouldn't be dissapointed.

People complaining about Deadpool, need to realize that there is still room for ambiguity to run its course. For those who have seen the "Baraka" looking character being referred to as "Deadpool" in this movie and have been turned off by this, I can assure you the moments where Wade Wilson has lines and action scenes are amazing and what you would expect of the character.

Furthermore, Deadpool in the movie is also referred to as Weapon XI. Based on this huge Wolverine encyclopedia of sorts I just bought the other day at a comic book store there is no known information about who or what Weapon XI was or is in the current marvel universe continuity. So that allows this "Deadpool" to fill in that space in some aspect. They never specify in the movie, whether or not the Deadpool character actually is Wade Wilson or a clone of his DNA (if they could clone Logans DNA and create X-23 then why can't this "Deadpool" just be a cloned Wade Wilson?) and that is what I believe the copout will be in case marvel plans to do a Deadpool spin off movie.

Sure Logan sees what looks like Wade's body with a sewn shut mouth and jokes, "So stryker finally found a way to shut you up", and Sabertooth mentioned Wade being "Gone" but there was never anything to suggest that the final monstrosity couldn't have been a clone. And with Stryker's program and all the DNA tampering and cloning that Weapon X has come to be known for, this shouldn't be surprising. That ends my rant for haters of the movie that were pissed about Deadpool.

Sabertooth has much more personality in this and I loved it. I loved the interaction between Logan and Silverfox. Gambit did have a sequence where his battle with Wolverine made little sense, but serves up some good action. I liked John Wraith and Agent Zero (who they made into a dick character).

For the most part, this movie should really catch as much flak for changing classic character elements as the "Ultimate Marvel" comic franchises do for their fresh new take on things. In otherwords, not much because it should be understood to be something that takes a little of both. I believe there was a proper ending left off of the leaked version. I can't wait for May 1st.

3. Molini

No, no mention of Supersoldier serum or cap from what I saw or remember.

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    You won't see any mention of Shield or Cap because this is a fox movie and those types of things are owned by marvel studios. Fox doesn't have the copyright.

5. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no mention but i was kinda pissed that Wade and Deadpool/Weapon XI were played by 2 different actors even though they made you believe it was the same damn character kinda sorta

oh and the scene at the end with Weapon XI vs Sabertooth and Wolverine is awesome

6. Molini

I agree with your assessment of that last epic battle. Was cool to see Logan and victor team up one more time.

Again though, I didn't believe that Deadpool/Weapon XI was really wade. Logan wasn't even really sure. Sabertooth never said he killed him, only that he was gone. That Army General guy asked Stryker if the body on the operating table was Weapon XI and that was it. Very ambiguous.

Edit: Stryker mentioned to Logan at the lumber site that Bolt was killed and Wade before that...however, given that he also made Logan think Silverfox had been murdered anything Stryker says is questionable.

You can quote me on this. The earnings of this movie will determine whether or not Weapon XI was a Wade Wilson clone or not. Meaning, if the movie does well, it was a clone and the REAL Deadpool gets his own movie.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  7. Cujo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IF Wade is still alive and they make a Deadpool spin-off I hope Ryan Reynolds plays Wade again..... I don't think they could have found a better actor for the part.....

8. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    loved reynalds as wade i think his scenes were amazing, i hoped he would he would come back at the end to help wolverine fight the final enermy

9. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, I think Ryan did actually play both. In this interview he mentions playing two characters: Wade and "Deadpool".

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  10. Cujo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that interveiw just kicked RR up 1000,000,000 on my favorite actors list... the deadpool movies he was talking about would be sick as hell

11. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crap, good point.

12. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    nope no mention of any of that but im still kinda peeved at what they did to Deadpool

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I definitely hope it WAS a Wade clone. And yes, Ryan Reynolds was the PERFECT choice to play him. In fact to be honest, I thought the casting in general was superbly done; I thought that Liev Schreiber was absolutely amazing as Sabertooth. In general I was fairly impressed; it'll be getting my cinema money for sure. And I am VERY hard to please when it comes to X-Men movies (I quite liked the first except for Rogue & Sabertooth, thought the 2nd one was average at best, and outright loathed the 3rd one).

14. Molini

Ha, you know longer have to quote me on the success of this movie determining Deadpool's future, lol

This guy confirmed it for me. IGN: Deadpool Movie Gossip

Talk about marketing a Wolverine movie. "Come watch Wolverine, then maybe we'll do Deadpool the right way in his own movie. Oh almost forgot...Bring Money!" - Fox Studios

15. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I just wanna know why Cyclops is the movie. Doesn't that screw up Logan and Scott just meeting in the first XMen movie?

16. Molini

No it does not. Cyclops and Wolverine have no interaction in this movie as far as dialogue is concerned. As far as Logan is concerned he's just some mutant kid with a blindfold that was trapped along with the other captive mutants he freed at William Stryker's secret facility. Besides, Logan loses his memory in the end anyway, so even if he had talked to him he wouldn't have remembered.

Cyclops was a teenager in this movie, which is about right and is also the first time he meets with Professor X in person (on screen at least).

17. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

18. Molini

Actually if you go to X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) on IMDB, it suggests that Weapon XI is played by a different actor. Perhaps for the final cut the dialogue was changed to refer to "Baraka" as Weapon XI instead of Deadpool to appease the fans (which would be the right thing to do IMO).

This really makes me think that the movie was purposely leaked by someone close to Marvel perhaps to prove to Fox execs how pissed off fans would be for changing the Deadpool character, amongst other things.

19. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeh when i watched it i paused the credits and did notice it wasnt reyalds, however the first scene when wolverine meets him it does look abit like reynalds, maybe there after i was someone different

im confused if this was made by fox so they dont have rights to captain america etc how were they able to do an xmen film?

20. Molini

Fox only has the rights to specific characters surrounding the X-Men properties from Marvel. Just as Sony holds the rights to Spiderman and characters pertinent to that franchise.

Universal I believe no longer has the license for The Incredible Hulk so Marvel studios is back in control of that. Basically after the sucess of the X-men and Spiderman franchises Marvel was able to create their own movie studio that gives them full control over the film development of their characters, which is one reason why I believe Iron Man was such a success.

Marvel does however recognize success and will reward those who come through. Case in point, Sony. They have been granted the rights to continue with the next two films in the Spiderman franchise. Rest assured, if Wolverine bombs big time, it's only a matter of time before Marvel begins taking steps to regain full control over the X-men franchise.

Does this help?