Question on Ultimate Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by WeirdMetamorphosis, Aug 12, 2007.

1. WeirdMetamorphosis

WeirdMetamorphosis Well-Known Member

Ok I bought me one of these guys and I must say I love him but they only problem I seem to be having with him is keeping him standing up in robot mode. He seems to want to do the splits. Now is their away to like lock his legs in place or something like that? Or maybe I'm just doing something wrong. Any suggestions would help.

2. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am sure you are doing this, but the hip joints click out to the side, then you snap his legs down. If that makes sense. I stands up fine.

Oh yeah,!...And you can nail his feet down.

3. gertman

gertman New Member

I am having trouble with the doors. In car mode the bottom front of the doors will not stay in line with the front fenders. The doors end up sticking out past/ in front of the fenders.

Also, my bumblee bee's chest will not stay in the correct place so that the autobot buttton hits the yellow button behind the chest. This did not work when it was in the box either. I though it may had been just the batteries and bought it anyway. It turned out to be the button on the chest was not pressing down hard enough on the yellow button behind to make it work.

Is anyone else having these troubles? Should I exchange mine?

4. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I have Ult Bee too. I don't know if I can be of any help without pictures.

My question: are the "wings" supposed to "clik-clik-clik"? A friend said it sounded like the gears were slipping.

5. Mal

Mal Web Head

My Ultimate BB's wings also make a clicking sound. I've been told it's normal. I'm emailing Hasbor about it though. I'll post the answer here.

6. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Thanks for contacting them.
    I hope the clik-clik-clik isn't normal. It's damned annoying. And the videos they have of Ultimate Bumblebee don't look or sound the way mine does as far as the wings go, either.

7. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I thought mine was clicking because the wings were catching on something, the hood kibble or whatever. I'll have to pay closer attention.

8. Mal

Mal Web Head

The clicking sound seems to be a normal sound of the toy. I've viewed several videos on youtube.com and they all have BB's with some clicking sounds. Also I've had my Dad take a look at it. He's had over 30 years experience repairing and examining Transformers and toys of all sorts and sizes. He agrees that the clicking sound is normal. Hasbro answered my question about the clicking sound. It's due to the tires interfering with the door movement. Here's what they said:

Hi Michael,

This email is regarding your Ultimate Bumblebee.

In response to your inquiry, the wings seem to be getting hung up on the tires. There isn’t much room there and if tires aren’t clear of arms and wings, you get some jumping around and clicking. You should be sure the tires are out of the way, and that the shoulders and wings are firmly locked in.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Also, attach the wings while the Bumblebee is on. This stopped most of the clicking for me. That's how it's shown on the Hasbro Video transformation too.

9. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

What difference does it make if it's on or off when you put the wings on?

10. Mal

Mal Web Head

I haven't a clue, but it helped stop the clicking on mine.