Question on size classes for the movie figures.....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by sodawilly, Dec 7, 2006.

1. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi everyone,

I'm curious to see if they will make 1/24 scale versions of our movie characters and also larger size classes for the Decepticons.......I know my preference would be for larger size classes for these to have more detailed figures......

May be a pipe dream wishing for those, but who knows.......maybe we'll get lucky! =)

Feel free to share any thoughts!

-Gregg

2. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Alternator sized version of that decepticon police car would rock my socks. It's already got an alternator looking alt mode and I'm sure the bot mode would improve in that larger size.

3. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

I'm definitely hoping for higher-priced, more intricate incarnations of the figures. What we've seen just doesn't cut it for my collector's tastes. The movie bots are the most complex, detailed Transformers ever; it would be unfortunate if characters like Bumblebee were limited to a $9.99 Deluxe incarnation. I'd like to see some figures in the $80 price range.

4. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    I would also like to see that,but unlike what others say I would rather see 1:18th
    scale movie toys.and seeing as that Scorponok CGI with the troops running for
    their lives the scale would be HUGE,maybe 5 foot long. I would sure give $150 for
    one of that scale,he would be bigger than his G1 self,and would give Fort Max
    a good "Smack Down",and yes I am a wrestlin' fan. And like what The Rock said
    "Can Ya Smell,What The Rock Is Cookin" I leave yall to discuss this further.

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Even though I dont particularly care for the movie designs, I've been thinking from the beginning that if they made Alternators crossovers out of them, I'd probably dig it. I mean, Barricade is a Police Car Mustang Decepticon. That would be an awesome Alternator addition! Plus, since I dont care about the movie, and since Barricade isnt a pre-existing G1 character, I would find it very easy to write him in as a new Alternator character.

Furthermore, if they made movie Alternators, it might be our only chance to get Bumblebee, Ironhide, and Ratchet in Alternator form. Of course, they wouldnt have their G1 heads, so I guess it isnt what we've been hoping for. I dont really expect any of this to happen, but I'd find it interesting at least

6. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, but maybe they could do 'variant' heads, a la Marvel Legends. Of course, since G1-accurae Ironhide and Ratchet heads would just be a flat panel with some strange markings, it wouldn't be difficult.

-Tony!

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

Hey, Ironhide and Ratchet have a medical condition!

8. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

My thoughts exactly...that dude is the cat's ass! ...if only the head could be redesigned a bit...

9. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

At least Ironhide gots a smile! *looks at avatar*

10. Ren

Ren Active Member

I am hoping for a large, very detailed version. I would pay $80 for a HIGHLY detailed version that was well put together.

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Considering I have issues with many of the movie designs, I'd probably be more likely to buy cheaper, simpler toys than expensive, more accurate versions.

12. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Myself as well. Welcome to the forums :thumb