Question on Revoltech Kokuoh'Go and Some Revoltech Queries

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by renman2735, Nov 16, 2010.

1. renman2735

renman2735 New Member

Dear People

I recently purchased Revoltech Raoh/ Kokuoh'Go frankly because of the horse only. Based on the promo pics I knew I just wanted him.

Unfortunately, I am at a loss and was hoping someone here could help. You'd think there'd be reviews a plenty but I couldn't find anything except a Youtube video in French that doesn't address the problem

1. Kokuoh'Go can't be posed anything worth a damn and certainly nowhere close to the promo pics. His flanks are ratchet joints so they stick nice and tightly. But from there it all goes downhill. His hocks and ankles are damned loose and I have difficulty even getting them in position so he can just stand! Let alone the rearing pics that sold me on this figure. Is there something wrong with mine? It would seem to me that in order to sustain any sort of dynamic pose these joints should be racheted as well. Yet they are not only loose but floppy with plenty of give.

2. There are two purple U shaped joints. After reading another post on this site I figured these were to get the figure to stay put on the saddle. The instructions really suck on this because there are none. Finally I was able to get Raoh to stay put.

There are also two Revoltech joints of the same colour. In another post, a reader mentioned these were for the mid body joint. I am new to Revoltech and had no idea that the mid joints could be separated. Is there any video or pics online of this? Surely the torso can't be separated like the rest of the other joints? Again, any pics?

3. I noticed that my Kenshiro and Raoh have got straight cut hip joints, which puzzles the heck out of me. Surely a ball joint would have been the obvious joint to go for to achieve splits, flying kicks and other extreme positions. Is there a reason for this?

4. Finally as I said I'm new to the line. Are there any add on packs, such as extra Revoltech joints of different colours, accessories, types of display stands (I find the provided ones) custom weapons, etc?

Thanks in advance!

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, I own this set and my apologies I'm having difficulties digesting what you posted but here are my thoughts on some of the issues:

i) The promo pictures of the horse are simply that promo pictures. Don't expect the horse to pose on its rear legs without any help. The pix was meant to simply show off the horse's articulation.

ii) The joints on mine are decent. Mine is able to stand without any problems - maybe the clear nail polish trick will help?

iii) With Ken and Raoh having straight cut joints - you got me on that. IMO its just a design quirk. Japanese toy companies make amazing mecha toys but sometimes the articulation of the figures can be er, pretty quirky. My take is that the cut joints make the figures look nicer - if you get what I mean.

iv) Extras. I believe some stands and even joints are for sale but I'm not sure about them as er, I'm not into them. My bad.

You should post in the main revoltech thread, I'm certain other collectors can assist you:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/124376-revoltech-show-off-thread-518.html

Check the link below for on a pictorial review made by a Japanese fan:

¤Ï¤Ã¤Á¤ã¤« : ³¤ÍÎƲ ¥ê¥Ü¥ë¥Æ¥Ã¥¯ ¥é¥ª¥¦&¹õ²¦¹æ ¥ì¥Ó¥å¡¼ - livedoor Blog¡Ê¥Ö¥í¥°¡Ë

3. renman2735

renman2735 New Member

Wow Ligerprime

Thanks mate! You answered my most pressing questions! And the site you referenced demonstrated what was really needed to recreate the poses in the promo pics. So I take it the promo pics are photoshopped?

I think the confusing bit was about the joints. As it is though, I just discovered that on the box inside flap, there are two pictures that explain exactly what they are for!

I assumed the Revoltech Showoff Thread was just that, for showing off what you have and pictures taken.

Once again thanks!

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No problem - trying out to a fellow fan as its part of the culture on this site so if someday someone asks for help and if you can assist, please do so. :) 

As for the promo pix - it should be photo shopped or 99% certain. There's no way the legs of the horse can balance the weight on its rear legs.