Fan Art: Question on Photo Editing Programs?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Terrorcon_King, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    Well i was asked by the family of my friend to make a slide show of him and everything for the funeral n for the families memory.
    But i need 2 knw waht would be a good photoediting program to this?
    i have much to do for it.
    i know nuthing really beats photoshop....but i do not have that n do not have the money for it.

advice on this would be much appreciated from both me & his family.

Thanks & God Bless,
    Terrorcon_King
    Josh Mota.

2. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

well depends on what you want to do

a quick and easy way I used to do it in Uni was to use Powerpoint's slideshow, this is only good to rotate through pictures though, also, there is a slideshow option in Windows media player photo viewer thingy.

I would suggest just to animate a slideshow using cbr reader, just zip the pics you want together in sequence, open with the application and use the programs automatic slideshow option to go through the pics.

but there is probably better programs out there, these are all I can think of.

for photoediting, I'm gonna suggest gimp, open source and as many options as a non pro would ever want. (works very similar to photoshop)

3. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Given the somber nature of the slideshow you're compiling, I would recommend going easy on the photomanupulation. You could probably do the whole thing just using Powerpoint. Most likely, I would carefully arraged photographs in chronological order, on a black background with captions in white, sans serif font.

Ultimately you should consult with the family to see what is most thematically appropriate.

4. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

If you have windows XP, then you can easily use windows movie maker to make a photoshow. It comes free with XP and vista. I used it for this Italy Tour 2007
    Go to around 14 minutes and there you'll see the photoshow aspect of the program.