Question on Large scale Sales

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by StructuralDefect, Jul 7, 2009.

1. StructuralDefect

StructuralDefect Active Member

Ebay:
    Hi all, been lurking on these boards for a long long time now, just not very talkative online i guess anyway real life has hit me hard in the last few days, looking like my marriage is at the very least on suspension, hoping not permanent but was a major eye opener, Transformers has been one of the things that ive come to realise have been a bit of a crutch for me over the years and now are unnecessary, will keep a few more sentimental pieces but the rest is going, my question is are there any sites or people that may be known of that will buy up collections ? id rather not go through the hastle of selling everything individually but if it comes to that then i will either through eBay or the boards here, roughly 5-600 from pretty much every cartoon or series, G1-G2-Beast Wars including some japanese pieces i picked up over there few years back, Beast Machines, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Masterpiece, Classics, WST's, Alternators. Animated, Robot Heroes. many many micromasters, bases etc. few various boxed pieces, nothing very interesting, Tigerhawk, Blackarachnia from TM2, both movie lines and one or two prototypes, statues etc.know the grammar and quite possible spelling in this post is fairly shocking but need this over with quickly as possible and am spamming this into every board im on atm. thanks all.
    James.

2. GrantB

GrantB Drink it

News Credits:
    First of all, make a list. Note condition of items. The older/more valuable the item, the more important it is to have pics.

Decide if you will sell in one large lot, or smaller sub-lots. The bigger the lot, the lesser your profit.

Do you have feedback anywhere? Either here, on another board, or on eBay?

For your vintage stuff, there will be no shortage of buyers who will be willing to buy a big lot, and the lot-price/sum-of-fair-individual-prices ratio should still be pretty good. For newer stuff that isn't rare, there may still be interest, but that ratio won't be nearly as high.

For best effect, you're gonna need to give us some more info about your collection. It is worth your time to make a list, or at least take some group photos of your items.

3. trystendaycey

trystendaycey Captain CAAAAAAVEMAAANNN!

Also BBTS.com and transformerland.com buy collections. Not the most profitable way to go, but maybe the quickest if you need the money.