Question on large scale sales.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by StructuralDefect, Jul 7, 2009.

1. StructuralDefect

StructuralDefect Active Member

Ebay:
    Hi all, been lurking on these boards for a long long time now, just not very talkative online i guess :p  anyway real life has hit me hard in the last few days, looking like my marriage is at the very least on suspension, hoping not permanent but was a major eye opener, Transformers has been one of the things that ive come to realise have been a bit of a crutch for me over the years and now are unnecessary, will keep a few more sentimental pieces but the rest is going, my question is are there any sites or people that may be known of that will buy up collections ? id rather not go through the hastle of selling everything individually but if it comes to that then i will either through eBay or the boards here, roughly 5-600 from pretty much every cartoon or series, G1-G2-Beast Wars including some japanese pieces i picked up over there few years back, Beast Machines, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Masterpiece, Classics, WST's, Alternators. Animated, Robot Heroes. many many micromasters, bases etc. few various boxed pieces, nothing very interesting, Tigerhawk, Blackarachnia from TM2, both movie lines and one or two prototypes, statues etc.know the grammar and quite possible spelling in this post is fairly shocking but need this over with quickly as possible and am spamming this into every board im on atm. thanks all.
    James.

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear about your marriage trouble. I've been there, and wish you the best of luck in this stressful time.

Big Bad Toy Store buys bulk collections, but you have to pay to ship to them. I'll leave it to others to speak on what kind of prices they offer.

That being said, I'm in the market for Metalhawk, Galaxy Shuttle and Grandus, and a few US G1/G2s. I'd be interested in a bulk buy of what I still need. Collector to collector generally will net you more money, although it's more work.

3. StructuralDefect

Ebay:
    thanks for the reply, i know this isnt the thing to say to get the best return on this stuff but as it stands i just want rid. im afraid that i did have grandus and galaxy shuttle but both have already been sold along with whatever boxed G1 i have. so cant help you there. Also a UK based site is likely going to be better, 5 6 foot bookshelves would be a hell of a shipping cost.

4. StructuralDefect

Ebay:
    bump, dont mean to clog up the boards with this but want this done fast as i can get away with.

5. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

If you are in the UK, Auto Assembly is likely your best shot at selling most of it at one time locally.

Auto Assembly

6. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Yeah, for that matter any local toy/comic show would probably be a decent idea, as well as an ad on Tfieds perhaps.

7. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is there any reason why you don't want to use ebay? I see collections on there all the time and they seem to get decent prices. Or if you have some specific "high value" items, you can always separate those from the bulk sale. Just a thought.