Customs: Question on getting started...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by grunge, Feb 22, 2012.

1. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    i have been wanting to get into customizing my TF or even building from scratch. I have tried google searching and havent been able to come up with a good answer. so ill post my questions:
    1- where do i get the plastic to even make the custom parts?

2- what type of tools would i need? (prefer asking here as a human answer is better than google.)

i cant seem to find any hobby shops in my area anymore, so what other kind of stores would carry what im looking for?

thanks!

2. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
  3. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
  4. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Definitely read the tutorials here in Radicons! Also, we have some tutorials over at Sector70 (some of which are also available here in Radicons). And while my tools and methods aren't the only ones around, here's a helpful link to a tutorial I whipped up over at Sector70. It helps to show what materials I use and gives some tips and insight into how I kitbash and scratchbuild.

(and Allen, if you read this, I'll get this ready to share up here soon also--I think most of the info was available in other tutorials or posts here in Radicons, I just merged them into one large tutorial to share the way I go about things and the tools used) :) 

My Kitbashing Tools & Materials