Question on a Halloween movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by megatronkicksas, Jun 23, 2009.

1. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So watched this mike myers movie on amc (first time, have no idea which one tho)and he chased this girl and she was traped on a bathroom in this house and she's about to die so she asks to see what he looks under the mask, he takes the mask off trys to wipe a tear (I think)from his face and he goes crazy and tears the place up and what not. So he chases her down the stairs where this guy grabs her and uses her as bait to capture him and he does. So the police arrive just in time and he's in jail. Then we see some smoke come out of the jail and everyone's dead. Can someone explain to me what the hell happened that he was able to escape? I was really confused. Sorry for my vaugeness but this is the movie of this series I've seen and for that matter first horror movie of that time. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

The movie you saw is Halloween V: The Revenge Of Michael Myers and the answer to your question is probably a lot more convoluted than you were expecting. In Halloween IV: The Return Of Michael Myers, they attempted to create a new trilogy where the true origin of Michael Myers would be revealed. In IV they introduced "The Man In Black" who really did nothing but walk around in a black trench coat, hat and shiny-toed cowboy boots. Originally, this guy was supposed to be Michael Myers' long lost brother. At the end of V, "The Man In Black" tears up the police station, Terminator-style, and breaks Michael out of jail. In the proposed Halloween VI, Michael's brother was going to be revealed and we were supposed to find out why Michael is the way he is. I don't know what that story was supposed to be, but instead, the studio went in another direction to reveal Michael's origin with Halloween: The Curse Of Michael Myers and "The Man In Black" turned out to be the guy that originally locked Michael up in Smith's Grove Sanitarium when he was 6 years old. Michael and Smith's Grove Sanitarium was revealed to be part of a cult where Michael had the "Curse Of Thorn" and existed to kill every other member of his family until only he was remaining.

3. megatronkicksas

News Credits:
    so was the little girl apart of his family? And let me get this straight the "man in black" was a TV show that was a tie-in to the halloween movie and in one of these episodes he break Michael out of prison tying him to the movie? right?

4. Switch625

The little girl was Michael Myers' niece, Laurie Strode's daughter, Jamie.

"The Man In Black" was not a tv show. Just a guy, who at one point was supposed to be Michael's long lost brother, who showed up in Halloween IV wearing a black coat, hat and boots.

5. megatronkicksas

News Credits:
    So did he free him or did he do it himself?

6. Switch625

Yes, he let Michael out of jail.

7. megatronkicksas

News Credits:
    Oh, ok thanks.