Question of the Week: 9/28

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Doctor Doom, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

I figured that one of these days after I get settled in with my lastest wave of new jobs I'd get some stuff rolling here in Comics. Thus the "QUESTION OF THE WEEK" has been made.

Each week I will post a new question in a effort to generate some feedback and friendly discussion (flaming will not be tolerated). So, the first question I pose to you is this.

In the latest New Avengers (#11) we meet the mysterious new member Ronin, but who is Ronin?

Hints by DD: He has had training identical to DD. He has knowledge about the Hand. He has ties to Wilson Fisk but DD trusts him.

DISCUSS!

2. Doctor Doom

I will admit that Daredevil is one of my weaknesses in Comic knowledge. I have never been a fan of his since the mid 90s (the 80's run is classic!).

A part of me thinks it is a old martal arts character on the lines of Sons of Tiger or Shang-Chi. Or this could be a new character all together. But I doubt it.

3. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

It kinda seems a little ridiculous if it's an all new character all together, since it felt like there was too much effort to promote the mystery of who Ronin is... and it's only NOW that they introduce the character.

One rumor that's tossed around is that it's Elektra in a lot of padding. (which would fit in with the early rumors that Ronin is a character is from a Marvel movie, but this seems ridiculous, too)

4. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Maybe it's just a cleverly disguised Daredevil? Then again I don't have the issue yet so I don't know if they're together on the same page/panel.

Isn't Elektra busy enough with the Hand though that working as an Avenger makes absolutely no sense because then the Hand would seriously get its' butt kicked by the likes of Cap and Iron Man.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    It's Marvel, it doesn't matter if a character already has a dozen other places to be, they're still perfectly free to star in another title. *glares at Wolverine and, to a lesser extent, Spider-Man* :redface2: 

6. DarkPrimus

DarkPrimus Nothing Plural. Rockin.

Is it possible that it's Daredevil in disguise? (edit: Yeah, I just noticed now that someone said that already. But he didn't read the issue, so I guess this is still relevant.)(sorry buddy :cool:  )

Cap mentioned being Nomad for a while, and right after that, Daredevil is like "alright, I know this guy who's really really trustworthy, and is exactly like me. But he isn't me. Seriously. It's a completely different guy. Not me. At all."

But then again, maybe thats just a red herring or something.

Daredevil: "I got here as soon as I could!"
    Spiderman: "Don't worry, Ronin solved the problem for us. He just left."
    Daredevil: "You mean THE Ronin was here!?"
    Spiderman: "Yes. You just missed him. Again."

Again, we'll see.

7. Frequency

Frequency Formerly Berserker Prime

It's Foggy.

Edit: Actually, my next guess after Daredevil was Iron Fist, but then again, I haven't read this issue yet, so once I do I'll come post a more definite guess. But for now, Daredevil or Iron Fist.

8. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Daredevil also created a persona "Mike Murdock" and pretended to be his own twin brother when Foggy and Karen started suspected Matt was Daredevil back in the... 60's comics, I think.

9. Doctor Doom

SPOILER FROM NEW AVENGERS #11

Ronin isn't Daredevil. Has long black hair.