Question: Now that a lot of us have Leader and Voyager Bulkhead, which one is better?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kingplay, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We use to talk about it a lot, but didn't have it in hand.

Now that we have both, do you feel like you can return one or the other?

Or are both of them keepers!

2. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    You serious?

3. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure both of them are keepers, but personally I'm happy with Voyager Bulkhead myself.

Although honestly, if nothing new comes out within the next couple weeks, I'm likely going to buy Leader Bulkhead as well.

4. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    I got a lot of transformers today:
    Leader Bulkhead
    Marvel Crossovers Hulk, Iron Man, and Venom.
    Universe legends Onslaught
    Robot Heroes Hound vs Blitzwing
    an extra movie landmine to paint

I haven't opened any of them yet, but I'll be back with my verdict on leader bulkhead as soon as I do.

5. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

The anger from my Leader one might be clouding my judgment, but if you want the accuracy get the Voyager. The Leader has scale but the Voyager is a lot closer to the show

6. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

I like them both for different reasons. Neither is "better" than the other in my eyes.

7. dark gundam

dark gundam PowerMaster

They are both good bots. The voyager has the show accuracy but is just too small to look right with the deluxes, the leader one looks great with the deluxes and has good articulation but is way off when it comes to cartoon accuracy. My hopes are that in Season 3 he has a small upgrade and looks like the leader version.

8. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm happy with the Voyager type.

9. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Leader. By a long shot.

10. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    and if someone's trying to decide which one to buy? im thinking of going for the leader coz, well..the size looks better if u got a collection of animated TF.

11. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    The scale means little-nothing to me, plus outside of that the voyager is more accurate anyways. I'm skipping the leader myself, the voyager is tiny love.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Both. They're really too different to choose one over the other.

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This.

14. misterbinky

misterbinky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd have to agree with the previous comments. Leader is awesome because he's bigger, he has sounds, he has the Headmaster and in both modes he's a very solid toy.

Voyager is awesome because his proportions are more show accurate, he's also solid and he has the most adorable widdle legs. Unlike the movie leader and voyager Optimus Primes, where I felt that the Leader figure was unnecessary, in this case, I'm glad I have both.

15. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll get Leader Bulkhead later, but I kinda like both. Voyager Bulkhead is fun to bring on the go since he's small, sturdy, and has no loose parts.

16. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't have neither of the two but I have seen them both up close and in hand. But I'm sorry people can say voyager till the cows come home, but when BA is taller than bulkhead almost it just ain't right PERIOD.

As for show accuracy, Leader has them just as much as Voyager it's just underneath the extra stuff. He may not have a ball and chain which is a gripe I do have with the leader but easily overlooked. But he comes with Headmaster, His voice from the show, and he can make his chair out of the back flaps. How more show accurate do you need to be?

17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Both are great toys. Its hard to say which one is better, as both are better than the other at different things.

Voyager has proportions accurate to the show, the wrecking ball, and can stand on one hand. Automorph is excellent. The gimmick on the right arm is a mystery and some joints are friction based, some are ratchets, I would have preferred ratchets all around, its especially noticeable with the elbow joints; the right one is ratcheted, the left one is free swivel.

Leader has ratchets all over the fucking place, which is something I always like, the Head Master, a more complicated transformation, he is bigger, and he is armed to the teeth. Proportion wise, he seems more athletic than the voyager. He has no automorph, due to the gimmick he cannot turn his head in both directions, & no wrecking ball. He has the infamous chairmode, albeit a bit inaccurate. If you want a Bulkhead who is bigger, and armed to the teeth, with some riveting, then get the Leader. Could we see the upgrades in the cartoon? I hope so, and being that the box art is official, I think we may see them in season 3.

Ultimately at the end of the day it was hard for me to say which one I preferred. Leader has the military emphasis, voyager is more accurate to the cartoon(thus far).

18. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    lol, i cant afford both! and besides, i like to have only one character per toy line..
    so i guess u guys arent gonna help me choose :D 

19. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got Voyager Bulkhead yesterday. I'm kind of disappointed in him. His small size kills it for me. What makes it worse is Deluxe Bumblebee is abnormally tall which makes poor Voyager Bulkhead look even worse in size. His legs are just too stubby. Leader Bulkhead is better in size, but costs twice as much. If you like Bulkhead, and don't mind spending $40 on one, then Leader is better for size, and you get a few lights and sounds to go with it which doesn't ruin the toy. If Bulkhead is not that big on the "must have" meter for you, then Voyager is fine since he costs less.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    It's a sorta punch gimmick. You straighten the arm and then when you press the button it flips bent at the elbow. It's kinda lame really.