Question: How would you want the new movie to be like?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lock Cade, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Just an interesting question that I thought I'd asked everybody:

Say that an announcement came up for a new Transformers movie. Would you rather have it as a live-action movie -- like what Bay's doing, only you'd rather have it that a really good director worked on it and that the designs would be as close to the G1 designs as much as they could possibly get them to be -- OR do you want it to be an animated movie based off of the newer series?

Personally, I think that if there was to be a new Transformers movie, that I'd like it to be a live-action movie... preferably, the story would be a modified version of G1 (or Armada/Energon would have been nice), the designs would be close to what we're used to seeing our favorite bots looking like, and the director would be just as a big of a Transformers as one could possibly be and do a really good job of making a live-action movie based on the Transformers franchise.

So, what's everyone's input on this? I just thought this might make a good discussion, especially for those who are, well... let's just say, not impressed with what Michael Bay's doing with the upcoming live-action movie.

2. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    Well, I'm not content with all designs from the new TF movie, such as SS, Megs, and a few others, but I think I would definately want to see a new live action movie. The designs don't have to look similar to G1. I think it wouldn't work. Just check out the movie on YouTube in which a fan made blueish OP transforms from Alt mode to Robot mode. It just looks too bulky. So, in that way I like the new designs.

Furthermore, I hope it will be a movie which just gives you a good feeling. I don't know what you guys thought of the Hulk movie, but being a Hulk fan myself, I really liked it. Although it was CGI, the movie gave me a feeling that I wanted to watch it again. I also hope it will be a movie which contains little to no boring scenes. I don't know how to describe it, but I think the best way I can describe it is the feeling I get when I watch Terminator 2. It has never a dull moment and I really like to watch it, all the way through. It breathes this atmosphere which makes it really fun to watch, even when you're alone.

3. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i hope it doesn't turn out to be a comedy movie..

4. roadburner

roadburner Active Member

Personally, I'd like to see it as live action but with designs (mostly faces) that remind us of the previous incarnations of the Transformers. What they did to update everyone was fine, but get away from the marketing with GM and Hasbro as they have done here. They'd also have to keep with the mythos of how they came to Earth, what the war was about, and put in the Matrix of Leadership not this stupid energon cube. I would not go with Armada or Energon figures because I thought that they were stupid designs and the animation was terrible. Plus it had too many humans in the plot. Keep their participation to a minimum and it may do well. :wink: 

5. optimus_prime_rules_007

optimus_prime_rules_007 Banned

I would have kept the designs to a more simplistic nature, not the stuff we have seen. I would have at least made it obvious we were looking at Cars, Trucks, Planes, etc... that were robots. The heads would have been the same or very similar to G1.

I think there should be a Matrix, screw the fact there is a movie called Matrix. We had it first.

I think the way they came to Earth in G1 is the way it should have been in this movie. I think there should be little to no humans unless they are being squashed like the vermin they are to things like the Decepticons.

I would have given the Transformers each more than two or three lines.... I mean almost all the TF's have hardly any lines at all.

That's what I would have done.

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I would want like new movie to be very good yes please send me info

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Okay, so far everyone wants live-action. I think it's about time we have a live-action Transformers thing going on. And what it sounds like to me you guys kinda like the designs as they are... maybe have the faces be similar to G1 than being insectoid, but otherwise like the designs because they're simplistic.

The only reason why I brought up whether anyone would rather have it live-action or animated is because, after going through what people said the discussion "Why Do U Hate the Movie," it would seem that not many people are impressed with what Michael Bay's doing. So I thought I just ask everyone what they would like to see in a Transformers movie that ought to keep the franchise going strong as it has been in the last twenty years or so.