Question from newbie

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mellowfellow431, Dec 2, 2010.

1. mellowfellow431

mellowfellow431 New Member

Does anyone collect the hasbro $5 legends class? Any advice on getting started in collecting thanks in advance for any info.

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Wrong forum. Moved to TF Toy Discussion.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As with any collection, the best advice is to collect figures you like and can afford.

4. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    100% this to maximize your happiness in the hobby.

5. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if its the toys im thinking.. look to dollar general/family dollar/freds/maybe biglots.....

6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have some, but mostly characters that fit in that class being as my collection is mostly deluxes and up, i have the minibots hasbro released in universe, and if i collected the movie line, wheelie and ravage would have been bought in that size class. there was a mamber who collected them almost exclusively though. if you like them, go for it

7. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I have the legends Devastator and the legends Ravage. I plan on getting the G1 legends in the works but generally i do not collect legends.

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my advice is if you are collecting the Legends class in general, is to:
    1.) start collecting the ones out on store pegs that you really like
    2.) check here or with as many online retailers constantly for upcoming pre-orders and decide which of those you really want.
    3.) then, when caught up on current/future orders, go to the Resources section here or wherever to create a list of the older figures you really like and then hit eBay.
    also, post requests in the Junkion Exchange and update that on a regular basis.

during a TF figure drought a while back, created a master list of the GoBots i wanted and when i am caught up on pre-order TFs. i buy a couple of them and slowly mark them off the list.

lastly, just collect what you like. don't feel compelled to be a completist (not at first, anyway, let that sink in over a couple years, lol) if you know a figure is crap or a puce colored figure is ugly, let it go.

good luck and welcome to the boards

9. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    The only legends figure I got was Legends Ravage, to go with Deluxe Soundwave

10. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    I started to collect them, but then realized I did not want them in my display cabinet. I have a HUGE scale complex and I nitpick it. Wheelie and Ravage are the only Legends in my display case because they are the closest thing to scaled versions of themselves with the HA line and deluxe Soundwave (hoping for a voyager figure for DOTM).

But since they did not belong in my cases, my wife came up with a BRILLIANT idea. She suggested that instead of keeping them in a drawer/box, we should use them as ornaments on our Christmas tree!! So now, I have about 20 legends class figures that serve as ornaments for the rest of our lives.

....and I have decided not to collect them anymore. Nothing personally against them, but they just don't fit my collecting preferences.

11. mellowfellow431

mellowfellow431 New Member

Thanks for the info I appreciate it