Question for you experienced with ebay...

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Takeshi357, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Okay, I bought the SoC Grendizer from ebay and I finally received it, had to pay a hefty customs fee as well...

...and not only it's not "brand new" as the seller described when I asked him if it was sealed, which it wasn't, none of the smaller accessories are in the runners but worst of all, there's f***ing yellowing on it!

What should I do? I already sent the seller a message about it, but what's the best and the worst outcomes for my current scenario?

EDIT: Here is a picture. Getting a good photo was difficult so I circled the area that's suffered the most, and the plastic discolouration is most obvious in the photo on the seam at the right within circled area, compared to the other side of the hatch. (there's some yellowing on the Double Spazer as well)

2. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

Get in touch with the seller, let them know the situation. If you want a refund, say so. If they blow you off, open a dispute under Item not as described. Make sure you save your photos and the auction listing.

3. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Well, I did - and he actually claims he never said it was "brand new", when he definitely said so when I asked about the condition before buying - it's even on the listing in the questions section!

4. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Take it to eBay and grab a copy of everything you can.

5. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Well I'll save the actual product listing website too, although since the seller explained the condition of the item through a question, a copy of his response is also in my ebay inbox.

6. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If you don't mind my asking, how much was it? If it was cheap I can 'sort of' understand why the seller wouldn't think it was a big deal, if its expensive... well there's absolutely no excuse.

7. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    $199 + $59 shipping.

EDIT: I finally managed to take a decent picture of the discolourization; it's mostly on the other side of the front section of the saucer section, but they're both yellowed to different degrees.
    [​IMG]

There's also some minor yellowing on the jetpack thingy as well, near the left wing joint.
    [​IMG]

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    This right here.

9. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    He responded to my pictures and says he'll offer a partial refund, or a full refund if I send the item back.

I'd better open a dispute case anyway just to let ebay know what's going on so they can provide extra security should the need arise.

10. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Contact the seller first. If that doesn't work let PayPal know and they will refund you the money back when you send proof of mailing.