Question for Ultimate Bumblebee owners regarding wing clicking noise

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by alienux, Jul 5, 2009.

1. alienux

alienux New Member

A couple of days ago I purchased the new ROTF version of Ultimate Bumblebee. I've really enjoyed having this figure, and have been impressed with it for what it is.

My question is in relation to a very loud clicking sound that happens when the wings are moving. I noticed this afternoon that it is happening, and realized that it's been like that since I took the figure out of the box, but today it just sounded like it wasn't normal.

I've since watched a number of Ultimate Bumblebee review videos on youtube and google video, and I haven't noticed this same clicking sound in those videos that I'm hearing with my figure. I did a google search and came across a single discussion board where someone mentioned that their UBB had wings that were making a clicking nose, and that they were going to return it for another one.

Before I take mine back, I'd like to get a definitive answer about this. Is it normal for the wings to make a loud click when they move up and down? I've watched the figure from several angles, and I can't really tell exactly what's making the sound happen, so it appears to be internal to the area where the wings snap in.

Is that normal behavior for the figure, or am I possibly not doing something correctly, or should I take it back and exchange it for a new one?

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    mine does the same thing! Its something I wouldn't mind getting fixed after all the money I dropped on this thing.

3. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    My 07 version does this. I've discovered it's simply because of kibble getting in the way and the hoses that tie the doors to the car also get in the way. Short of modding this figure I'm pretty sure you're never going to rid yourself of that noise.

4. alienux

alienux New Member

5. alienux

alienux New Member

Update

Update to this: I actually tried the suggestions about putting the wings on after powering Bumblebee up when I got home from work, but that didn't actually help.

I kept testing the figure trying to determine what exactly the cause of the clicking sound was, and, at least in my case, I finally definitively figured out what it was.

It came down to how I was posing Bumblebee in his robot mode. I was bending the legs one click forward at the hip, and then I was bending each knee backward one click. This made Bumblebee stand with his knees slightly bent and with a slight lean forward. This forward lean was enough to make the wings lean against the tires on his shoulders. After messing around with the wings for a little while and seeing that it was indeed the wings hitting the tires that was making the click sound happen, I re-posed Bumblebee and made him stand straight up. After doing this, the clicking sound went completely away, and his wings moved up and down further than they were before. I've been trying this on and off for the last several hours and have not heard a single click since changing the pose.

6. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Glad to see it worked!

7. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Awesome! I will have to try this with my 07 movie UBB, that clicking noise has always bothered me like something might break or be breaking on the inside.