Question for those with tattoos ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jux, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I couldn't find anything on Google, so I thought I'd ask here.

I've had a tattoo on my arm for about four months now. It was touched up a month after I got it, so it's been about three months since any work has been done on it. However, last night, it swelled up just a bit - much like it was the day I got it. You could run your fingers over it and feel the outline of the design, run your finger along the contours, as though I had just gotten it done the day before.

Today, it's mostly back to normal, but I can still feel it in some places. Has anyone here with tattoos experienced this? The tattoo has been fully healed for some time, and I haven't had this happen before. My best guess is it was just a physiological reaction to cold air, or something else along those lines.

2. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

I've had mine for years and after the initial healing mine have not changed one bit. Never had any more swelling or change to them.... thankfully the colors ahven't faded yet either, except a tiny bit on my bat. But it is almost all black on my whiteness so....

3. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

from time to time some of mine will outline.... mainly when they itch... someone told me it was a histamean (sp) reaction.....but told me not to worry about it nothing serious

4. Jux

Heh. I thought the tattoo was my biggest physical concern.

About ten minutes ago I was stepping into the shower, and wondering why my tattoo was acting up, when I noticed a bruise on the back of my upper calf that covers about 10 square inches.

And I have NO CLUE where it came from or how long it's been there.

5. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    i get that on the one on the back of my calf, but not on the other leg. i talked to the artist that put it on me, and her thoughts were that the touch up (i too got mine touched up soon after getting it initialy) ink and the original ink weren't the same, so it was causing some sort of bubbling up effect.

she might have just been smoking crack.

i too am concerned that it might cause complications at some point in the future.

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Hmmm, I've had mine almost ten years now and never had anything happen after it healed.

7. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

Ive had mine for almost two years and mine is still raised. Its almost scar like. Im not shure why though. I never thought about it though. Its not going to stop me from getting more. It hasent hurt me in any way so Im not worried.

8. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    OMG you have been abducted my outer space mans! In all the crazy alien abduction shows just about all the abducted people sight unexplained marks or wounds on there bodies as being from the out space mans!

9. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:

eek, I was thinking the same thing...

My tat has never been raised, but maybe it had something to do with the touch up. I have heard that when you tattoo over another tattoo sometimes it causes a build up off scare tissue. This may jut be a side effect.

10. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I run my fingers over mine I can feel a slight raise on it.

No idea why and i think it's always been like that.

11. Jarradtron21

Jarradtron21 OhOhOh it vibrates

Out of my three the one I've had the longest, On my right shoulder feels raised sometimes mainly when I've been sweating or scratch around the area. The other two, one being around 3months old and the other being only just A month old dont feel raised at all. But that being said the gf the other day said she can feel all of them raised.

I think its just a reaction with the ink and your skin espically seeing as mine plays up after scratching it...nothing to worry about thou.

12. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

What color is the tattoo? I've heard about latent reactions with red inks in some people, so that could be a possibility, if the tattoo is red. Other than that, I haven't had any problems like that months after getting a tattoo, although I have had some areas stay raised a bit longer than usual, but some bacitracin for a couple of days knocked them flat.

13. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

That is weird. I have some tats and never experienced anything like that. But remember, always take care of your tats. Especially brand new tats.

14. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

I think this is pretty normal since its happened to me quite a few times normally when something hits it such as a football

15. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Ever since I got mine, Jodie Foster keeps telling me to murder people.

16. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

yeah i am covered...like to the xtreme... and last night my rib piece... goes from my armpit to my waiste acted up again lol...... and it usually happens after i start itching and scratching... its never been touched up or anything tho.... there are times when the solid lines in my sleeve do it too, but not the shaded parts so much... just mainly the solid parts.... i have had some of mine for 10 years, and the sleeve is going on 6 years... the ribs are going on 5 or something

17. Jux

It's black.

18. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So is mine

19. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Mine did that and someone said they pressed too hard when they gave it too me causing it to scab up on the outlines.
    Supposedly if they ink you very lightly, and dont go back over anything it should'nt do that. But it's cool if it does, it shouldnt hurt it. May make the colors slighlty duller.

Mine felt like grail for awhile.

20. Jux

I don't remember seeing you in the "show off your ink" threads. Hmm.