Question for those with a Microman Browning

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Gigatron_2005, May 4, 2007.

1. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Okay, so I've had my Browning for a few years, and have been wondering about this question for a long time. Recently I took it off my shelf for cleaning, so Ive now decided to ask the question.

Is everyone else's Browning chrome (like G1 Megatron?) Every picture Ive seen of Browning, he looks like he is chromed (just like G1 Megatron). Mine however is more of a silver color (more kinda like MP Megatron, only Browning's paint is a little more reflective). The weapons are chromed like so many G1 toys, but the paint on the body is not like that. So does anybody know whats up with the paint job on this guy?

But I should also say, that my Browning is the blue legged version. (which Ive never seen a good picture of, besides my own) So could it be that the the paint on the blue legged version is different than the paint on the red legged version? Or does my toy just have an odd/worn down paint job? Does anybody else out there have a blue legged Microman Browning? What paint is used on yours (silver or chrome)?

2. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i want a browning :( 

4. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Ah! Thanks. Funny. I always thought that slight goldish tint was the plastic yellowing or something. I guess its supposed to be that way.:p 

I would totally recommend getting one. He is probably my favourite Transformer toy. Funny though that it is not actually a Transformer, but a Microman toy.

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

6. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

Ohhhh how it just pisses me off when I hear the word Browning. Thanx for sending me into a MF Hulk induced rage. I bought one a long time ago off a guy who used to be a dealer at the Bortcons. He went by the business name Rugbys' Starbase. I bought it MIB, and it is a flawless box, it wasn't sealed but I never bothered to open it up. Stupid on my part. 8 months later I open it up and the Transformer sticker sheet, file card, instuctions, all paperwork, has been replaced with the Microman stuff. Couldn't get in contact with and I thought I could live with it, the toy was a utter pain in the ass to find. Now fast forward a year, I was not aware of the different color variations in the legs of the toy and discover that Browning should have blue legs. Mine are RED. He swapped em. The styrofoam tray for the Microman toy is the exact same tray used for the TF version. My X-FACTOR abilities surfaced on that day. Can you feel me? Funny thing is I had a friend in Hong Kong who the exact same thing happened to. That made me question the authenticity of the box, which has absolutely no sign of ever being sealed. No tape residue, no tape outline, no nicks or tears from peeling off tape. I'm still unsure, but I like to think at the very least the box isn't a knock off. Man, I wish it was the blue leg version. I did buy repro stickers for it.

7. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    How much did you pay for it?

8. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

wow, I remember rugby's starbase. located not to far from where I'm from in NY. that was like 10 years ago. I even have a bumpersticker from him.

9. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

I want to say I bought Browning along with a MISB Deathsaurus for $500. I opened Dezzy long before Browning and it's fine. Now, I think it was a ok deal, but back then I think $50 was the highest I had paid for a TF, hence feeling xtremely burned. You know what $50 could buy at the early Botcons? Just about any American TF MISB.

10. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    But if you check the links in this thread, you'd see that Browning comes in both Red and Blue legs, and if it came with Microman instructions and stickers, maybe you have the Microman version? Which would be ever rarer no? Unless he swapped with a KO :( 

11. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

the blue plastic version only came in the transfomer masterforce box, with different stickers on his chest and waist. The blue plastic browning with the different waist sticker was never available as a microman toy.both the blue and red versions of microman browning had the same yellowish colored waist sticker.

the microman version came with red plastic, in either silver chrome, or gold chrome finish. the gold chrome was a very rare microman mailaway prize. No red plastic brownings were ever available as a transformer.

the red plastic, non chromed, orange gun version is a KINGDAM knock off. it is extreamly well made, and only lacks a copyright. the plastic, chrome, etc are top notch, and often come in "engrish" microman themed boxes. being a KO does not deter the price, as the jingdam version often sells on par with the microman version.

the Blue plastic transformer version however IS VERY HARD TO FIND, and often outsells both versions of the red plastic browning.

FYI. i offer a browning reposticker kit, wich includes the masterforce chest emblem, and have sold them to a few members from here.

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Speaking of those Browning stickers, Wheeljaxx; if you're still going to Botcon, bring a set along. I'll take it off your hands.

13. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    Ditto Wheeljaxx