Question For Those Who've Attended BOTCON

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Razerwire, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I plan to go to BOTCON 2007 in RI next year.

What I was curious about though was this: Out of all the major TF sites out there, do we (TFW2005 members) represent the biggest percentage?

I'm curious because we have a huge membership database here. Although that number has quite a few dead accounts, it's still an impressive number.

And granted not everyone goes to BOTCON, does that make the number even out more in accordance to the other sites?

2. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Last year was my 1st botcon, I think for the most part most member also have accounts one the other T/F boards. Most fans were down at the bars when the sale floor closed for the night. So as far as your question goes I'm not 100% sure what borad has the highest represention. I think as long we are all there to injoin the same hobby does it matter what board we use the most?

3. Razerwire

News Credits:
    It doesn't matter. I was just curious as how diverse it was as far as online site representation goes.

4. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

It's pretty diverse, but it's hard to peg down a good estimate. Every site is going to have a big group of staff and posters that hang out together, but then there's going to be a bunch of posters who stick to themselves, or with a smaller group of friends, or whatever. My personal observation is that of the "big group of people always hanging out" portion, it was a close call between us and Allspark. But keep in mind, that's only maybe 50 people per board at most (probably closer to 30-35) out of the 1000+ in attendance. I assume us and Seibertron were the best represented among people who didn't hang out with the big crowds, since those were the two sites that won awards voted by the fans at the dinner, but who knows. I saw names on badges of posters from every major TF site and a lot of smaller ones too, so people really do come from all over.

5. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

I got 2 words for ya: Nintendo DS

6. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We were definitely the most felt presence at the hotel bar. But yes it is quite a diverse crowd, lots of people from all walks of the internets.

Every year not only do the numbers of attendance grow, but our numbers grow as well.

KD and KSA said it very well, but TFW2005 knows how to have a good time, so while we may not be the most represented board (quite hard to tell) we definitely make our presence known. I'm glad you plan on adding yourself to that insanity for next year.

7. Optimusfiretruck

Optimusfiretruck Decepitcon Squad Leader

I was one of the Newbs who went last year and didnt know crap of what was going on at bars or anything. I didnt know people for this board even got together. I was more concerned on starting collection. which I did. In all honesty I didnt spend to much time there cause it felt like a cluster F*** and I got what I wanted and left.

However If you Live anywhere around Ky or you want to come by Next year we are putting together a KyCon07 more of a localized even since nothing happens (besides the rare botcon 06) in the Middle Eastern part of the US.

8. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This BotCon was also my first, and while I considered trying to meet board folks, I was just not down. There was some concern that folks would be more 'the guys in the winning trivia team photo' than 'the guys in Deefuzz' sig.' But pictures don't lie: y'all apparently know how to drink, and as everyone knows, drinking is cool. I fully intend to stop by to introduce myself and have a few.

9. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I can get funds together, and the exclusives are impossible to pass. I'll be making my first trip to a botcon. Alas I can't convince my wife to go, so I'll be flying solo and hopefully hook up with some of you fun loving bunch and talk TF and throw back a few. I've been trying to post a bit more, so people won't be like Hollywood who?

10. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I bet if you polled the bar tenders we'd win hands down *points to Deefuzz's sig*

SUCK IT!!! ... No ... wrong thread? My bad.

11. Razerwire

News Credits:
    You SUCK!

Oh, btw, you're picking me up at Providence airport right? :D