Question for those who own the Kaiyodo Gunbuster

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by GogDog, Oct 22, 2007.

1. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Is there some trick to getting his left (my right) leg to, I dunno, not turn to the side in order make him stand? It seems like there should be an extra shaft to allow the leg to rotate inward, but as it stands, the only way to get him to be able to stand up straight is to have his left knee pointing straight out, unless I angle his back way back so that he looks like a hunch back.

2. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Not really, the Kaiyodo Gunbuster just stands a bit funky. I did however have a misassembly on my first one where the leg was glued to the piece that attached to the hip a bit crooked so the foot and knee really pointed strangely to the side. The replacement I got from BBTS was fine though.

3. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    I must have missed this thread, somehow.

The monoshaft joints DO require certain orientations for him to stand straight, it's true, but it's all a matter of what you consider "straight".

The figure is designed to stand with his crotch thrust forward heroically, his hips jutting out in front of his body and his legs splayed to the sides. Any sort of "straight legged" stance is basically impossible, as is the case with most of Kaiyodo's earlier figs. I always liked to say "they'll look great as long as you want them in an action pose... if you want them to stand there, it wont work". Gunbuster can kind of stand normally, but only in a stylized, anime-traditional, "here is my groin, see it roar" sort of way.

[​IMG]

I've found the best way to tweak his standing positions is to ignore his knees and readjust his ankles. They're also on angled mono-joints, so they can often be used to compensate for awkward leg angles

4. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanks for all the help. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't have a defective figure. Besides some quirks, I really do like him.