Question for those who notice variations?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by toyman, Mar 23, 2011.

1. toyman

toyman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, I know that the 2011 wave 1 RTS cases of Legends, Deluxe and Voyagers contain all new (to the line) figs in refreshed packages with the rub signs instead of the actual painted faction symbols, but what about the Scouts? I was browsing the interweb last night looking at that 2011 wave 1 RTS Scout case and noticed that there were a few carryovers from the 2010 HFTD Scout waves like Breacher and Sunspot. Were these carryovers given fresh RTS packages with rubsigns too or are they still packed in HFTD packages with painted faction symbols?

Just curious if anyone has actually received this case to know the answer to this question.

2. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The ones that have appeared in the UK alongside Windcharger/etc are just the usual HFTD cards, no rubsigns.

3. toyman

toyman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for your answer Omnius! I knew that Transformers rarely (if ever?, discount store Universe figs not included) appear on two different cardbacks, but I wanted to make sure since Hasbro does this constantly with the Star Wars line.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    They used to with TFs but haven't much recently. Both Armada and Energon had several toys released with two different package designs.

5. toyman

toyman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There was? I have been in the adult collecting game since Beast Machines but the only one I can recall back then was the Armada Unicron being briefly offered in his original colors in the Energon box before he got an updated paint scheme. And the dollar store/KB toys type stuff.

What else was there?

6. Kadrin

Kadrin Well-Known Member

7. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Well Armada had the "Unicron Battles" packageing and Energon had the switch to red boxes, it also had a slogan similar to Armadas but alas I forget right now. They release older toys in those packages.