Question for those who have read Book & Comic Prequel

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Prowl, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spoiler for both about, so don't read if you plan on reading the book and comic.

Is it just me or are there major continuity errors?

I just finished the book last night (having already read the comics last month). When Bumblebee leaves Cybertron after Megatron, he leaves in his protoform mode, not as a group in the Ark, the way the book portraid. Also, when Starscream and company make it to Mars, they refer to the human tools almost as if they had never had contact with humanity before, which the book would say otherwise. Kinnear, Nolan, and none of the others are mentioned as people involved in the moving of Megatron (which could just be their importance level, but it would have been a nice connection touch), and no one within 7 even mentions Ghost1 or its crew, this is particularly noted when the guys at 7 are talking about Bumblebee and one of them comments ("so our Mega Man has relatives") They should have already known about them because Walker had let them know that Megatron was not alone. It's not like they are major errors, but it just seems like the comic and book folks didn't exchange notes and the two worlds they created seemed disconnected. Not to be a StarWars or Startrek fanboy and pick on continuity, but with Hasbay trying to make a new beginning for Transformers, it seems like their wires are already getting crossed in their two mediums. And with Ghost1 literally saving Prime's ass, I hope there is some notion or mention by Prime as for the reason why he decided to follow the cons to Earth.

I did notice in the second trailer that Megatron's Icy work on his body is scattered as if someone sprayed him with the freezing fluid mentioned in the book with Nolan's last little move to recontain him.

2. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I posted a Comic Book Guy-esque rant about that in a different thread about a week ago:

here

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool thanks for the link!

4. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    from what i've heard, the book is dumb and is way off from the actual movie story. supposedly the comics are a lot more accurate.