Customs: Question for those who have gone to Botcon...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by payton34, Jan 3, 2010.

1. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For those of you that have flown there before, what's the best way to transport your customs, specifically the large ones?

I'm wanting to bring my custom Fortress Maximus (along with a few other things, but they're small enough to fit inside the luggage), but was wondering about what the best way of transportation would be. At first I thought about bringing him on the plane as a carry-on, that way it wouldn't be banged around with the rest of the luggage.

But then I thought about how they check everything and x-ray it, and wondered if they may give me a bunch of crap about bringing a 2-foot tall mass of wires and LED's on a plane. Then Frenzy_Rumble suggested that I mail it to somebody that's attending, but with my luck the thing would get damaged in transit.

What's the best route to go?

2. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, mailing may be the best option, just pack it in two boxes with buffers of styrofoam and bubblewrap inbetween the boxes/custom.

I do live about an hour/45 min away from disney, if ya like you can mail it to me :)  I was thinking of organizing a small group of bashers to actually stay at my house... I'll PM ya.

I guess, if anyone else is thinking of mailing large customs, we could arrange for them to arrive at my house. Should we change the thread title? :D 

3. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i would suggest pack the hell out of it and shipping it via FEDEX Grounds to either the hotel or a local board member u trust in florida. I to a protype statute on the plane last year and got funny looks each way. but once showed them it, and told them the story on way i was hand carring it they let me go. but your talking about led lights and mass wiring I would not try to take it on the plane.

I will be driving my 02 chevy silverado king cab down this year so if u want u can ship it to my house here in va beach, va. I will not open it. I just ask that u have it here 2 weeks before botcon as we are packing the truck the truck that friday befor ethe show and leaving that sunday or that monday before the show. wanting to see what fp does with the disney packs

4. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd recommend shipping it to the Hotel in your name, also.