Question for those who attended BotCon this year...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Surge, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Supposedly, the following were shown or mentioned this year...

ROTF Leader Starscream (prototype) - if so, how awesome was it? :D 

ROTF Human Alliance Barricade with Frenzy

Were any of the newer Legends shown? I heard there's a Legends Soundwave coming out...

And finally, I have one more question. Was there a HA Mudflap shown? Or even a mention? HA Skids just looks unbelievably awesome and it wouldn't make sense to have just Skids and no Mudflap.

Thanks for taking your time to answer! :) 

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I wasn't there, but I know all the answers to your questions.

A prototype of Leader Starscream was shown, and from the sounds of it, is pretty much a Leader class sized Masterpiece. Tones of detail, hidden guns and weapons, and apparently a supper accurate F-22 Raptor alt-mode.

From what I can remember HA Barricade w/Frenzy was shown, and sounds on par with other HA figures. Frenzy is the equivilant to Sam and Mikaela in this set. He can also apparently fold up and store inside Barricade's chest like the mini one the TF1 Deluxe Barricade's came with.

Not sure if he was shown, but Legends Soundwave was definitely mentioned, along with a Legends Wheelie. I can't think of any other Legends that were announced, other than the one's that were later put into the display cases.

Unfortunately, there has been no mention, or rumor, of a HA Mudflap yet. Though tbh, I'll be surprised if he isn't made at some point. Not going to hold my breath for it, but I'll honestly be surprised if Hasbro/Takara doesn't make a Mudflap to go with Skids.

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes HA Barricade and Frenzy were shown. There was no HA Mudflap shown.

As for legends I don't recall, but if you go into News and Rumors and search for the Hasbro Panel thread, Sol_Fury did an excellent job of capturing what was discussed.

4. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    HA Barricade w/ Frenzy looks a little more accurate than the original movie toy, though it's not COMPLETELY accurate because of the need for Frenzy to "drive" Barricade in vehicle mode. He also fits in Barricade's front fender like on the deluxe toy.

Leader-class Starscream has a LITTLE kibble on the underside of his jet mode, but other than that he looks about as close to the CGI model as you can get in a toy. He's quite amazing. Think ROTF Leader Prime-scale of engineering genius.

Legends Wheelie & Soundwave look fairly accurate for their size, but honestly other than that I can't remember any specifics. They weren't shown for long.

5. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Thank you VERY much for answering! I'll be getting Leader Starscream, HA Barricade w/Frenzy, Legends Wheelie, and Legends Soundwave as SOON as I see them in stores. Even if it means not buying cigarettes, I WILL blow all my paycheck money on Leader Starscream. I make small paychecks by the way, 50 dollars at most (I work with the school's special ed cleaning crew). But, I'm gonna have such a huge nicotine fit.....damn you, plastic crack! :(