Customs: Question for those that can paint

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Robogeek28, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've never tried to paint before so have no idea what I'm doing. I bought a couple of the Classic Cliffjumper repro heads that have been going around, and was wondering what kind of paint to use, and what type of red paint will come close to matching Cliffy's red. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks all!

2. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Everyone has their own way of doing it, but here's mine.
    I use, primarily, Tamyia acrylic paint. You can use a paint brush or an airbrush if you thin it.

You could use Enamel but if you have a part that is very flexible (pvc) the enamel will not dry.

If you rough up the surface, lightly, with very fine sandpaper it will help the paint stick better and you can also seal it with a clear coat afterwards. (acrylic can be scratched off easily)

Make sure you let it dry completely or you will get your fingerprints imbedded in the paint when you handle it.

Look at the top of the "customs and kitbashes" page for the "exhaustive resource page" for lots of tips on this and other methods.

3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmm, ok thanks. I've never considered doing something like this before, guess it had to happen sooner or later.:lol