Question for those that buy loose on Ebay.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by grayman, Feb 4, 2007.

1. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How big of a difference does the inclusion of the cardback or box, instructions, product catalog, etc. make when buying a loose toy on Ebay ? In other words, would you pay significantly more for a mint condition loose toy if it came with the cardback or box, instructions, catalog, etc. than for the same mint condition toy with all of it's parts, but none of the packaging and paperwork ? Thanks in advance for your help with this.

2. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Depends upon the condition of the packaging and the figure. E.g., G1 Prime with a good box and foam tray can fetch a lot more than just a complete figure. Do you have a specific figure in mind that you are wanting to sell?

3. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not really. I'm just organizing my cardbacks and boxes and realize that they take up an incredible amount of space. They will only grow as my collection grows and I personally don't care about them. I collect the toys, not the characters, so bios, techs and things of that nature don't interest me. However, thinking ahead, I might one day go completely insane and decide to sell my collection. At that point, I will want to get as much for it as possible, (To pay for my meds. lol) and if selling the toys with the packaging and paperwork will make me and my buyers happier than selling them without, I will make room for the packaging and paperwork. Thanks in advance for your advice.

4. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

If its older, I'd like the instructions. But they aren't necessary with a site like TFracetrack.com.

I could always eBay the parts later. But if they have some of those I may pay a few bucks more.

5. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    If you can hack keeping everything then do it. You'll be glad you did when it comes time to sell everything.

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I say keep the instructions and char card (comes with Armada toys mostly) if you can. I get rid of the boxes and cards because they take up too much space. Only keep the boxes and tech spec if it's G1.

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Would make the toy's completion the main priority. Then worry about the package & paperwork. More to you if you can get it all

This is especially important with combiner sets

8. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Flatten the boxes. That's what I've done and it saves a TON of space. I do through out any inner plastic tray though. Pretty much from RID to the present, I've flattened evert box and they all fit into two flat-screen monitor boxes. remove the bubble from any carded figure and that will save room.

9. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I almost always give preferential treatment to loose ones that have the box/card and instructions verses not.

10. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

For me the condition of the figure is more important. If it comes with some oor all of the packaging, it might be a nice bonus, but I wouldn't seek out auctions with those or pay much more.