Question for those of you who have seen the movie....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ger_Hankey, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

...particularly those with kids. I have a bit of a dilemma on my hands. My kids (the older two anyway, who are 5 and 6), are getting really worked up about seeing this movie. The see all the adverts on TV, and have already got a few of the movie toys.
    My question is, I know the film will have a PG13 type of cert, but would you let your kids see it? Is there anything pretty scary/violent in it?

Put it this way: If I have no problems with them watching a film like say, Fantastic Four (the first one, I haven't seen the second one yet), would I have a problem with this one? I'd hate for them to miss out on seeing it on the big screen.

I am planning to see it myself first, just to have an excuse to see it a couple of times anyway:D 

Thanks!!

2. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I'd let my kids see a hard R movie, no problem....if I had kids.

I also haven't seen this movie, but I'd let them watch it....again, if I had any.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I would say it depends on how easily your littluns get scared; there are some tense bits in the movie, and a lot of very loud ones, but I don't recall seeing anything truly scary (except for a couple of the scenes with frenzy that might freak out young kids - he's incredibly creepy).

4. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

They are kind of wierd about stuff like that... they have seen the Goonies recently (which had some pretty scary moments) and sat through it no problem. On the other hand when they watch the 86 TF movie they always skip past the first scenes with Unicron and Megatron killing everyone...

Big noises don't bother them at all though...

On a bit of a side note, for those who don't think the TFs in the film look like TFs, I showed them a trailer on the computer a while ago. They hadn't seen any of the designs at the time and while they were watching it they were like:
    "Thats Optimus Prime.. theres Bumblebee..theres Megatron..." in fact the only one of the major characters they really had a problem recognising was Starscream. When I told them who it was they just said "Hes really cool!"

5. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Oooooooh, man. I wish I have seen the movie to answer this question.....

Well, Scropnok might be the creepiest of the bunch. In the trailer where Blackout attacks the military base is at night time and it may be one of the 1st times a TF appears in the movie can be disturbing to some, because he's going to be killing some people, humans. There may be no human deaths on camera but it can be assumed that there's a body count in Blackout's assault.

Try to get as many pictures as you can or videos of the movie for you to decide. Best I can point to is an ign website that has a decent number a clips. http://media.movies.ign.com/media/568/568421/vids_1.html

I hope that you find the movie approprate for them, because I bet it'll be a thrill for your kids to see the Transformers on the big screen.

6. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    I've seen the movie yesterday and well it's action packed. Lots of explosions and shooting and killing humans. Some strong language and more of the shooting and explosions.

I don't know, if they scare easy. I think you shouldn't. If they are anything like me. Take them. There was a family in front of me that had a son of 10 and a little girl with. The girl didn't like it a lot.

iDD

7. UltraPrime

UltraPrime Lord of Macragge

Depends if you feel comfortable about explaining the masterbation joke. That went on for far too long to gloss over....