Question for the variant collectors

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mblase, Apr 2, 2007.

1. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

I was wandering through my local Wal-Mart last night and finally found where they were keeping the "Heroes of Cybertron" G1 minibot keychains. They had all four, which was nice, but I was out of cash, which wasn't.

However, I also noticed that one of the Cliffjumpers they had (and only one) was mis-packaged on a Bumblebee card.

Question is: is this a common screw-up, or should I go buy it right away and stick it in a safe deposit box? :p 

2. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    it's G1 all over again!

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, I haven't heard anyone get excited about variants in years. I feel like I remember a Bombshell AM variant, but it wasn't even really a big deal. MOSC/MISB collectors would be more inclined to want a correct card, openers don't care either way 'cause it's getting trashed. Same goes for foreign language packaging.

I think we're a little more pragmatic than some fanbases. Relatively speaking, of course.

4. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I personally would pick it up. For the price, it's worth keeping. Someone may be very inclined to purchase it if you know what I mean. Never say on one would want that. Look at all the crap that sells on ebay. There are people out there who want someone most people do not have, even if it's a screwup.
    Just my 2 cents
    MegaMus
    K-(first)

5. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

Got him. For anyone interested, here's a pic:

[​IMG]

Am now accepting offers. :p 

6. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

I would've said don't bother unless you want it or you know someone who does. Investing in toys is a dangerous game I have learned to avoid. But to each their own!

7. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

i saw a recent oddball packaging, the last wave of leader classes my wal mart got before classics started had a cybertron jetfire in it. but i looked in the box and lo and behold, an energon galvatron........now most likely someone returned it to get money back, but it looked factory packed.....

8. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I thought that was a sticker on the front, is it labeled Bumblebee on the back as well?

9. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

But then... how much do these guys cost? If it's worth money down the road, great! If not... I really can't imagine these being priced at any more than $4.99 + tax... so if the price never goes up, just crack the sucker open! :D 

10. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Well, this is true, but, me, I'd rather blow that $5 and change on another Insecticon! Screw long-term, I want happiness now!

11. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree entirely. If he'd cost me much more than $3 I wouldn't have even bothered, but I spend more than that every day on snacks and soda.

12. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a sticker on the front, and the back of every card in the series depicts all four Minibots (no instructions here).

13. noob

noob Well-Known Member

mblase, i picked up one for a fellow collector here so they're around. for the price it's a fund oddity to pick up. i mean it's still a keychain after all!

btw, bromeliad trilogy is excellent!