Question for the animated fans, from an animated fan.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Valkysas, Aug 17, 2009.

1. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    Sucks

2. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno man, I got pretty much the whole line except for some repaints so far...don't look at me!! :lol 

This is true. Hasbro seems to treat the Benelux area as some sort of dump site. Over here in the Netherlands, stores get random sets of TF toys at random dates with random intervals..one day one store might get a Grimlock and a Lugnut, then 3 months later another chain will get a whole different set! And yeah..lots of missing waves in between.

Animated Ultra Magnus has only appeared over here in the last month, just before ROTF, en masse, at discount. We didn't get The Sentinel Prime/Swoop wave..the Blurr wave was only found at like 2 stores in the country..and in the end they just seemed to hand out Jetfire/Jetstorm boxes and nothing else.

Same shit right now with ROTF..we got the first wave, but the second wave of deluxes can only be found at one or two store chains, VERY RARELY. I have yet to find any Skids..Supreme Devastator is supposedly coming out here before the end of August..and you North Americans are already going nuts over playing with your little ice cream trucks! :( :(  And what's Hasbro/the stores doing? Giving us the remaining dump of a Canadian Universe 2.0 wave: Sunstreakers, Prowls and Octanes everywhere...

Collecting toys over here is hard if you don't turn to the internet!

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I have been buying whenmi have found product i have wanted it has been a bit hard to find in my local area

4. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    honestly I don't know. maybe the 2007 movie toys left a bad taste in peoples' mouths and so they didn't want to jump into another toy line with the possibility of various storyless drone characters and premium repaints to worry about.

I found that both in alberta and saskatchewan the character selection was crap too, with us going months at a time without a single new wave hitting shelves. We still haven't gotten atomic lugnut/wreckgar and only recently got shockwave/skywarp. That's pretty bad considering that we got our first waves of animated pretty much the same the states did.

For me, I've been buying them as they hit the shelves. Even several extras as time goes by for repaints and just extras in general because I liked them. This is actually the first line that I've resorted to ebay/online stores to get figures for that was a standard line. I've picked up shockwave, skywarp, purplewave, sunstorm, and wreckgar all off the net

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    the only thing I didnt buy were the repaints and sub-lines. I have one of every single mold in the animated line. the only thing that kept me from finishing the line was not being able to find wreck gar, but I got him off HTS around march. I'll probably go and get a skywarp now that thundercracker is on the way. maybe sunstorm if I can find him for a decent price. but in general, I hate the starscream mold, and thats the only reason I never got the repaints before.

I guess the "problem" isnt as big as I thought it was. it just really bugged me in the animated forum, all these people screaming about the line ending, that they were huge fans, and then you find out they only had a prowl or bumblebee. and the "funny/sad" part about that just never hit them. and for a lot of these people, money wasnt really an issue. because as soon as the line ended, they were going after everything, and some people finished the line in a week or so.

6. rustyshark

rustyshark G1 FTW

well i guess i am one of these people in a way. i never really watched the show or got any of the toys, but then i sat down watched all three seasons in a couple days, really enjoyed it so decided to buy all the figures i could. each figure i got, got better and better and made ROTF toys seems crappier and crappier. its been about a week since i started really buying them and i have almost the entire line. i may not have been watching since the start but i am definately a fan now.

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i've been collecting animated since the beginning, ugh the months and months spent waiting for those first figures were absolutely TORCHER!!!!! ugh i miss that show, i had lost cartoon network two days before the airing of the first episode, and didn't get it back until after transwarped aired, meaning i watched all that was inbetween from torrents. man that show was sooooooooo badass. it was exactly what i wanted in a transformer show, man if hasbro is true to their word and the next show is of animated quality, i can not WAIT!!!!!

it was also the first line i got pretty much all of (just missing maybe 4 figures besides the ones not out yet). so it will always hold a special place in my heart

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That explains why there are SO many ex wives, huh?

I got into TFA late myself, but i have been able to buy almost all the figures i really wanted to begin with.
    I may not have supported the line 100%, but i'd like to believe that i sent a message to Hasbro that in TFA there were things they got right and wish they'd continue to improve upon or just keep doing.

I am not too saddened to see the show go. although, with all the cameos thrown in at the last minute, i was angry about them never being converted to plastic crack (Warpath and Ironhide, for example.)

and my being pissed off at the highest level of Pissivity when they release that Supreme Prime (junk) and yet cannot be bothered with a character that basically dominated the end of S2 and the climatic series' finale?

that's my only bitch and moan moments about an otherwise great show and toy line.

9. guard convoy

News Credits:
    but we are getting ironhide, so your anger can subside a little

oh and the omega supreme/failimus prime issue still grinds my gears to this second

10. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I bought Prowl first when he came out, loved him, and continued buying the toys. It was months later when I got round to watching the cartoon (see sig, I've not finished it yet because I know what happens, and I'm not looking forward to it :( )

I've only got a few to get, mainly those that weren't released over here: Waspinator, Wreck-Gar, blue Magnus, one or two others.

11. primeone

primeone PRIME

News Credits:
    it was partially hasbros/ CN fault because they went through seasons one and two super fast then big gap that stopped alot of fueling for the show before showing season 3, and the gap between toys being released didn't help much either. great show that hasblo didn't see what they had. they were to busy worrying about tf2 to care about it.

12. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I supported the line when it was growing. I stopped collecting once it was cancelled. See, I'm am smart. :D 

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't look at me. I bought everything I saw on the spot.

14. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess i didn't see old Ironhide in those pics (of Slides) from BotCon.
    I am glad to know that.

I wasn't a fan of the show at first, all i saw when i watched the first episode was, "Teen Titans" and winced.
    but i give props to the writers for giving out some heavy episodes. they gave Ratchet so much depth and angst, i thought i was watching the wrong show.

so i guess i am pleased with the show overall, minus fanboy-ish gripes (Where's X character, why didn X and Y fight? etc.)

bring on the final wave and the S3 DVD so we can keep the fun going, just a little longer.

15. guard convoy

News Credits:
    not your fault, the comicon coverage (only slides we got to see) here at TFW was TERRIBLE

16. ChrisIzDaShiz

ChrisIzDaShiz Banned

It had a good run~ honestly they were just building up the story and character's to me right when it ended, I would def. like to see more TF's and less of the girl.

17. ChrisIzDaShiz

ChrisIzDaShiz Banned

Usually when something cancel's you want to buy the heck out of it because it is being discontinued, cancelled, finished.(worth more) But way to hop on the bandwagon and jump off at the wrong time~

18. CaptainChunk

CaptainChunk I bought it for my kids..

Ebay:
    We didn't get into the show or the toys at my house because my kids were too young to enjoy it when it debuted. Of course now that it's over, my daughter absolutely loves it. And has amassed quite the collection of Animated figures very recently. Though, I think she's going to have to do without Wreck-Gar, can't find him anywhere retail.

19. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    HEy I was sold on it from the moment I saw the inital artwork and the teaser video and I bought pretty all the figs as they came out (well the deluxes, voyagers and leaders) and I'm still eager to get the new ones.

As far as I'm concerend Hasbro has made a HUGE mistake dropping the line and ending the cartoon. The ROTF line may be clever in mechanica but it looks bloody awful. Animateds toys look great and a lot like the actually characters with only a few scale issues.

20. TheFallen

TheFallen Megatronus

News Credits:
    Wreck-Gar is in stock on target.com if you want him.