Question for Target Workers concerning DPCI

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by *Deathblade, Aug 25, 2007.

1. *Deathblade

*Deathblade Well-Known Member

I am not in the habit of bashing store employees, so I figured I would ask you

First off, I know using DCPIs to get stuff from the stock room is a dicey process and is often unfruitful, but I had an experience today that I need clarified, so I will be less frustrated in the future.

I have used DPCI several times, and with a little patience have always got what I wanted....I find a little common courtesy and not looking and sounding like a fiend trying to get a fix often helps, but this city is also HEAVILY infested with scalpers, flea market vendors, "comic book" stores, hotwheels guys..etc, in addition to kids and collectors. So the toy stockers have very little patience and yes we have the signs in the toy sections.

Today however I had a different experience:

1st Target:

I went to the customer service desk and gave the chick the DPCIs after verifying both Starscream and G1 Jazz are there in the stockroom with the touchpad.

The chick says there are no Jazz's in the store...and prints me out a receipt with other stores and their stock (standard practice) I said that the touchpad showed there were some in the stockroom, to which she replied there wasn't.

The touchpad specified they were in the back and not stocked.

The same with Starscream, but apparently they still had some, she called the toy stocker and he gruffly replied "WE DON'T PULL TOYS FROM THE BACK" ...I was like ok whatever...paid for the 08 BB I found:)  and left.

2nd Target:

Instead of checking the toy aisle first I go to customer service.

The woman gives me pretty much the same spuel about not having either toy, even though the receipt said they had at least 16 for g1 deco Jazz...after mentioning that she says some lame excuse about the computer had not updated.

"whatever" I says, I decide to go check the toy aisle and about 10 G1 deco Jazz's are hanging on the pegs, along with a couple of the new deluxes...I promptly pick up a jazz, and 3 little boys get one each also, I then check the scanner and it shows the Jazz as on the floor and aisle location, and the same with starcream..apparently he had been stocked at some point (prob this morning)and sold out.

3rd Target:

I ask about SS, and get the same story about it being sold out possibly and them showing no stock, at this point I tell the woman about visiting 2 other targets and getting the same story...she then suggests a 4th target, but calls them and verifies they have the SS there...and request they hold it for me.

4th Target:

I walk in and go to the customer service desk and get my Starscream:music 

This whole thing takes about 3 hours of my saturday, so my questions to the target workers are:

Why were the people at the customer service desk not able to see the things I was able to see on the touchpad, such as item in stockroom or item on aisle e22?

Why couldnt the broad in Target #2 tell me there were Jazz's on the pegs as we spoke? Was it just lazy apathy, or does the computer program they look at not give that information?

Were the stores potentially sold out already, due to scalpers and other collectors? Or is the stuff just in the back, and them not wanting to bother.

Are these things (G1 SS and Jazz) going to only be shipped once or maybe twice, like most target exclusives...(ie Robovision Prime) ?

If they are, there are going to be ALOT of disappointed collectors, because that one store only had about 4 jazzes left, and I am sure they are gone by now, and if that was the only shipment they are going to receive...well you get my drift.

Also I'd not like to have to repeat this experience next time I am looking for something...the whole hassle is kinda why I quit doing it, and just started waiting until they put stuff on the shelves...

The way Transformers is right now though, I really couldn't chance it.

2. *Deathblade

The PLUS side of this whole ordeal is I found pretty much every new release except ultimate bumblee and deluxe arcee...most of the new stuff I found at the FIRST location (walmart) I visited (ironically) I didn't see Rescue Ratchet or Thundercracker at any of the other stores I visited...I passed on Leader Megs, Wiretap, FB Jazz and Recon Barricade.

[​IMG]

3. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    Jazz and Starscream are shipping alone in their respective cases, at the normal quantities (I think 8 deluxes and 4 voyages in each case?). The street date hasn't even officially passed (I think they're doing a minor end cap swap to put out this stock), so I wouldn't be worried about not finding them up front. I guess the question is really why didn't you just go to the toy aisle first, instead of going directly to customer service? In retail, they hate lazy customers. Hate them. Women typically hate to be called "broads," just so you know. They were able to see what you saw on the touch pads, but Target has rules about collectors items, you even realized it yourself. The employees try to come up w/ excuses when they think they found a possible trouble maker, plus it's also a theft deterrent. Don't you think the guy who walks out w/ 8 Concept Bumblebees is flagged by LP? It's a big risk to them.

4. *Deathblade

When I went in that target there was no one in line for CS...considering the targets and WMs here usually have a line of at least 6 people (with 3 of them with no receipts trying to get store credit for something they or someone else bought or stole elsewhere) I went there first, as I didn't expect them to be on the pegs.

I never knew women hated being called broads, :wink:  maybe I'll ask my wife what she thinks about it

5. Rodimus Rage

Rodimus Rage Autobot Leader

yeah. target toy stock employees generally don't like the collectors.

( maybe at my store it was because i got a stock room guy fired for hoarding all the exclusive stuff and never selling it, lol...)

anyways, yeah, you really can't expect the target employees to be helpful to you if you are a morning collector. if they are, hey, awesome.. just dont expect it.

yeah, I've made buddies in the stores that i go to, and a little politeness goes along way with some employees.

also, don't forget to learn target store policies, as this has really helped me out in my conversations with troublesome employees who have " hated" on me in the past. knowing these policies greatly diminishes the chance of them screwing you over. they learn to realize that they can't put one over on you. this knowledge also helps me get what i want, :drunk 

6. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I've always found that politely asking gets you a lot at Targets, along with persistance. If one associate won't help you, fan out a bit and find another one. And look for the ones with the stock gun, that way they won't have to find one.

7. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    - Why were the people at the customer service desk not able to see the things I was able to see on the touchpad, such as item in stockroom or item on aisle e22?

The item could have been pulled from the stockroom at some point and sold out, but whoever pulled it didn't take the item out of the backroom location in the system (with their scanner gun), leaving a backroom location in the system (which you saw on the price scanner), but the count shown up at guest service was zero.

- Why couldnt the broad in Target #2 tell me there were Jazz's on the pegs as we spoke? Was it just lazy apathy, or does the computer program they look at not give that information?

Guest services system will only show the amount on hand, not if the item has a spot on the sales floor already.

- Were the stores potentially sold out already, due to scalpers and other collectors? Or is the stuff just in the back, and them not wanting to bother.

Both are a possibility. Scalpers and collectors have been known to clear stores out before the set dates.

- Are these things (G1 SS and Jazz) going to only be shipped once or maybe twice, like most target exclusives...(ie Robovision Prime)?

Most Target exclusives get at least 2 restocks depending on how long they're on the endcap/planogram. Robovision Prime got at least 2 full restocks at my store, while some Star Wars exclusives were restocked once a week depending on how fast they sold.

8. *Deathblade

thanks for the answers dude

9. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    QFT. He knows his stuff.

Also the official set date of the endcap which g1 jazz and g1 starscream go on has a set date of 8/26. Most targets 'flexed' out this merchandise to fill the gaping holes in the action figure aisle. Some Targets may be waiting for that date.

10. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why would LP be notified over this?? If the guy pays for 8 Concept Bumblebees, why would it be even considered a potential crime? The guy might be a scalper but he did nothing illegal. Collectors might not like scalping but there is nothing illigal about it.

11. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Ooh, is that a Macross Valkyrie I see?

12. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Cool!

13. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    theres often dozens of reasons why the onhands are wrong, and so i NEVER recommend going by them unless you take it as a chance, i get customers in my store (not target) all the time saying so and so shows ive got such and such in stock and they drove 30 miles when in fact i aint got crap, often times itll say one and its a defective one or its a display model. calling is the best way but then too stores are busy and someone who knows what theyre talking about isnt always there to help or answer the phone.

14. *Deathblade

yeah its the 1st low visibility