Question for people who have been in the military and everyone else....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cujo, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I leave for basic August 10th and since then I've been running, eating more protein and working out with little results... well the other day I decided to try some Creatine Powder from Wal-mart. It's been 4 days and I can already see and feel a difference.. Now I was planning on still taking this until a week before Basic.. Would I get in trouble for taking this? I mean wal-mart sells it...... it's not illegal but I don't want to get DD'd before I'm even in there.....

2. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

nope...you can take it. Its legal. I dont see why you cant. they dont say/do anything if we take it before a normal PT test (this is pass BT/AIT). I took it during majority of my deployment... Plus they sell it on base too.

and good luck at BT

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Creatine is fine before, but I doubt you'll be able to use it during. They really limit personal items in Basic. Good luck!

4. gil

gil Godmaster

I'm confused about the question. Are you asking it's okay to take it up until basic? or taking it during basic?

Creatine isn't a banned substance, so taking it right before jumping in that bus is fine. As far as during, what firehawk said. I don't think you'll be able to even have access to it to take it. Just don't let all the bullshit bother you and you should be fine with or without creatine.

BTW, What service? I joined the Marines right after high school. My brother Omega there joined the Army right after high school. I got lucky and got out before the War, and Omega got to go to Iraq.

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ZGood luck at BT.

Spoke to my dad about this- 20+ years service- and he said no problem with it.
    I think bulking up a little before BT is a good thing. IMO, rather have some stamina before BT than hacking and wheezing and trying to keep up. lol

6. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanks you guys.... I joined the Air Force

7. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

If its working for you, take it. My only problem building up to my Basic Training was I couldnt seem to gain any weight (was 12 pounds under for my height). I started drinking the Whey proteins and such and actually lost weight.....

and good luck!

8. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Tee Hee...sucker :p 

I can say that cause I've been in the AF for 16+ years. What AFSC did you get? Or did you go in "open"?

9. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

If he went open I feel sorry for him. I was Security Forces until my leg injury disqualified me from it. I was forced to change to open, thankfully I was given an Entry Level Seperation due to Medical Disqualification a few weeks later.

BTW: PRAY you get sent to the 326th Training Squadron, Section 3 if at all possible. The current Section Supervisor was my MTI and he was cool as hell.

Once again, good luck! And Aim High!