Question for G1 Whirl owners

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mrclean08, Feb 25, 2012.

1. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

I just picked up a G1 Whirl and noticed that the arms are cannot sustain a pose and are loose. Is this common for most Whirls?

I tried using clear nail polish to tighten the ball joints at the shoulders but it doesn't seem to help. (By the way, is that just a temporary fix as the polish erodes away after so much movement?)

2. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Yes sir its very common in Whirl. Their vintage ball joints. Just like the ones were familar with today its all based on friction, and the plastic has been worn out though play.

All you need to do is get a can of clear floor polish, pop the arm off the ball and useing a brush you coat the ball with a thin layer of the polish. Give it time to dry. Reattach the ball and you will be able to pose the arms again.
    I see you've tried the nail polish. I've found clear nail polish to be a bit rubbery so it strips easier, Speaking from experience clear nail polish is great practice if you accidently spill it or put to much on, since it can peel away.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  3. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    mine is loose, as well.
    i can tell ya, it's really common.

even with loose joints, i don't mess with my G1 figures with nail polish, Future or even super glues.
    i leave them untouched and as is.

but i hope that with several layers of nail polish, you can get your joints tightened.

4. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

Does Future floor polish eventually peel away after moving the joint so many times?

5. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    Anything you use will come off eventually.