Customs: Question for first-timer!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Renidragon, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Hi guys!

Just to introduce my skill level to everyone... I've done very very little modding to any of my toys. TF2k7 Swindle with the neck mod was my first REAL mod... though if you wanted to count it, I fixxed up my Cybertron Hot Shot's wings by taking apart his backpack and realigning some stuff in there.

I've done Matt Booker's Universe Ironhide fix, though just the cutting part, not replacing his head onto a ball joint. I used a black sharpie to recolor his windows, and a silver sharpie to correct his face.

That's about it.

Now, when I bought my first Universe Prowl, he had the sticky paint problem. Pretty badly. In fact, he looked years old within days. I'd been on the lookout for a replacement for awhile. OK, anyway, let's make this quicker, I'm making this too long. Christmas, mom sends me a new Universe Prowl, having no idea I already had one or needed a new one. Awesome.

So I have a spare and I want to custom it.

Two questions:
    I'm soaking the doors/front fenders in rubbing alcohol right now. Maybe I should have found out first, but is this bad? If it is, I'll chalk it up as a learning experience and take the loss.

Second... any ideas where I should go with this? I was thinking something blue as a main color, but I won't really decide until I get something I can use to color that's a little better than some metallic permanent markers (blue, green, gold, silver, purple!).

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    lots of options. just the in-your-face ideas, you've got a blue bluestreak, or a jazz, or a ricochet, or maybe a stunticon.